Corel Draw 12, LaserDrw plugin, generic k40 type laser, object placement.

Thread: Corel Draw 12, LaserDrw plugin, generic k40 type laser, object placement.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Corel Draw 12, LaserDrw plugin, generic k40 type laser, object placement.

Figured I'd take a pot shot on someone having bumped into this and knowing a workaround. The internet isn't being helpful.

With the above tool chain, when I perform a cut, it starts the cut at the origin, instead of where it's laid out on the page. In raster, I can put a white rectangle the size of the page behind everything, and it works fine -- my text is positioned where I'd like it on the page, but when vector cutting, everything is pushed to the origin. If I try the white rectangle trick, it'll cut the rectangle too, which isn't what I want. I just want two (properly positioned) holes for screwing a small plaque down.

I can do the raster in Corel, and the vector in straight LaserDrw (it seems to handle the positioning OK -- leading me to think something is getting lost in translation via the plugin...) but that's kind of inconvenient.

Ideas?

Thanks,

Ed

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Corel Draw 12, LaserDrw plugin, generic k40 type laser, object placement.

Try this...

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Corel Draw 12, LaserDrw plugin, generic k40 type laser, object placement.

I watched the video below and it solved 99% of my problems.

What I did was use 1 layer for the engrave and 1 layer for the cut. If you want a hole offset from the engraved area (I was making a key ring), I had the same problem as you.

What I ended up doing was copy/paste the boundary line from the cutting layer onto the engrave layer and changing the properties to a white line. This allowed both layers to line up exactly when opened in the cut/engrave dialog.

Downloads
    Uploads

Hello. I too found BJ's Wood Working tutorial helpful, but have same problem as Ed in that geometry from Corel doesn't appear to refer any sheet origin, but each "task" gets its own local origin. The best work-around we've found is to place a teensy dot of geometry AT the top left of sheet, and include that in the grouping of each task.
    HTH, Herb

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Corel Draw 12, LaserDrw plugin, generic k40 type laser, object placement.

Hello. I too found BJ's Wood Working tutorial helpful, but have same problem as Ed in that geometry from Corel doesn't appear to refer any sheet origin, but each "task" gets its own local origin. The best work-around we've found is to place a teensy dot of geometry AT the top left of sheet, and include that in the grouping of each task.
    HTH, Herb

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Try this:

I no longer do task engrave, cut - it's too confusing to know which one it keeps in it's 'memory'. What I've tried lately is this - make sure your color settings are RBG. When you're modifying your drawing, draw your cut lines too in a different layer. When it's time to do the engraving job, select the cutting layer, and turn the color to white or OFF. Then select ALL of your layers and hit the engrave button.

When the engraving is done, select your cut layer, turn the cut fill to BLACK/SOLID (If there are lines it will cut both sides of them). Then send the cut.

The laser will not see WHITE/NO COLOR as laser data, so it will do nothing to it.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hello Brian. Thanks for the reply. Been awful busy and haven't been back to the forum in quite a while. Interesting that while we've been getting along fine, a recent re-install has changed the behavior - seems like I am always learning and re-learning. Since I've found no way to control the laser power via software, it was kinda nice that our K40 would pause between tasks, and I could alter power before continuing. After the re-install, this "feature" is gone, and the machine proceeds thru the taks w/out user intervention. Before the reinstall, I also was able to cut "hairlines" w/ just a single pass, and it did not require me to have a solid fill to cut an outline. This too is no longer the case, as my machine will cut the perimeter, then either back-track or perform another pass along same vector. Boy do I wish I could revert to the way it worked prior to the reinstall, but cannot seem to find the spot to tickle.

Thanks again for your post. Take care and good luck - Herb