I need moshidraw help!

Thread: I need moshidraw help!

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default I need moshidraw help!

I was recently given a 40w laser engraver that ive been refurbishing. I am trying to get moshidraw 2014 on my computer but am having trouble. I downloaded moshidraw 2014 and when i try it open the program i get the message "insert softkey! www.moshidraw.com" I cant figure out what to do from that point. the website is confusing and when i try to request the software through the website i get the message "bad request".
    I'm so close to getting this thing going! I'm hoping to get some use out of it to afford a board upgrade.
    THe machine was manufactured in 2011, not sure of which moshi board i have, i can post later if necessary, Is moshi 2014 compatible with my machine?

also, i am curious about the power needed to run the machine. The machine is 220v power. I have a 200w step up transformer and am wondering if that is enough or if I need more.

ive been having trouble finding good resources and tutorials for the chinese 40 w laser, if anyone knows of some good ones please post here.

Thanks!

Similar Threads:

Default Re: I need moshidraw help!

Moshidraw requires a licensing dongle, it looks like a USB thumb drive, plugged into the USB port on the computer to run Moshidraw. Generally get it along with the purchase of the machine.

Not sure on the power requirements but 200w sounds pretty light for it. You would be better off wiring up a dedicated 220v outlet for it, but if your not comfortable doing that type of stuff best to call an electrician.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

so how do i go about getting a dongle? I guess through moshidraw? haven't heard back from them yet, hope it happens soon.

The only way to get one is buy one.. A friend of mine got a cheap deal on a K40 chinese laser engraver, the original owner tossed it up on Craigslist and he got it for a good price, only to discover that the dongle had been misplaced by the owner when they moved and packed it all up. The dongle has to stay plugged into the computer all the time to run the software, so when the system got packed up the computer went one way and the laser went the other and the owner forgot the dongle.

You can find the Moshidraw dongle on AliExpress, cost is around $80 US. The problem is the Moshidraw software is limited in functionality, if you just looking to do basic engraving its not terrible but not good, it can only use a limited number of file formats, mainly image formats.

Laser machine Moshidraw software dongle-in Laser Equipment Parts from Industry & Business on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

A few months ago he bought a DSP controller for it, an AWC608 i think it was, cost around $450 on eBay and we gutted the control compartment and redid it, now its running greater then ever but the expense made the overall cost less of a bargain. The last problem was his laser tube started to fall off in output, so he had to order a new tube, but since he was going to replace it he decided to bump it up to a 60w tube, a new power supply, new mirrors/lenses... Just went to the dogs on ordering parts. But after the rebuild its a stellar machine and cuts 1/4" plywood like nobodies business! Most of the stuff he does is cutting 3mm acrylic though and with the air assist it does a great job on both.

The best i can suggest at this point is try to find a used dongle, they show up on eBay now and then, mostly from people who gutted their laser to upgrade it.

Oh one last thought... If you have Corel Draw there is a Moshidraw plug in for it that gives you the option to use that instead of having to buy the dongle, but the cost of Corel Draw if you don't already have it far exceeds the cost of the dongle. Around $500 i think.