Newbie LaserDRW & LaserCut - Is There a Difference?

Thread: LaserDRW & LaserCut - Is There a Difference?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default LaserDRW & LaserCut - Is There a Difference?

I've been looking at Chinese laser cutters and have seen some as coming with LaserDRW and some with LaserCut. Both seem to be compatible with CorelDraw. Is there a difference between the two? And if so, exactly what is it? In particular, is the range of CorelDraw versions that work with LaserCut (11-X4 from what I can tell) different from those that work with LaserDRW?

Any help deciphering this mystery would be much appreciated.

Similar Threads:

Default Re: LaserDRW & LaserCut - Is There a Difference?

lasercut is better in engraving while LaserDRW is better in cutting
    hope this will help you

tina from g.weike laser
    EMAIL: tina@wklaser.com SKYPE: lysunshine521

Default Re: LaserDRW & LaserCut - Is There a Difference?

LaserDRW does not require CorelDraw; it is an independent program. Now, as it happens, I *did* need a copy of CorelDraw to use LaserDRW to cut. For engraving, LaserDRW will load a variety of raster formats: jpeg, gif, png, and whatnot. But for cutting, the ONLY vector format file it comprehends is WMF, Windows Metaformat, or the extended version. Since none of my pro-level Macintosh software exports .WMF files, I end up exporting .ai or .pdf files, loading them into CorelDraw on the Windows box, exporting them as .wmf or .emf (I haven't been able to identify any significant difference between the two formats), and then loading that into LaserDRW.

I have also tried using the CorelDraw plug-in. The result is a control panel very similar to the one in LaserDRW, but without the initialization screen. I don't like it as well.