DIY laser software

Thread: DIY laser software

Default DIY laser software

Hey guys, so building the actual machine would be simple but controlling it is another thing.

I see allot of DIY machines that have to incorporate 2 different windows, one for design and the other for Gcode....is there a ll in one ?

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: DIY laser software

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleHelix View Post
    Hey guys, so building the actual machine would be simple but controlling it is another thing.

I see allot of DIY machines that have to incorporate 2 different windows, one for design and the other for Gcode....is there a ll in one ?
    Take a look at the Laos laser controller it uses a Arduino board and is completely open architecture with a lot of hardware and software support. I am currently assembling the electronics to control a 50 W no-name Chinese CO2 laser. With a few parts on hand I think I will have it operating shortly at the cost of approximately $150. The free software used is Inkscape and VisiCut.
    I think this is a little known secret and I'm just trying to get the word out.
    Here are two links to get you started:
    Webshop | TuxIC
    HPC LS3020 Laser Cutter - Fablab NB + JL - JeeLabs . net

Quote Originally Posted by Rolf_K View Post
    Take a look at the Laos laser controller it uses a Arduino board and is completely open architecture with a lot of hardware and software support. I am currently assembling the electronics to control a 50 W no-name Chinese CO2 laser. With a few parts on hand I think I will have it operating shortly at the cost of approximately $150. The free software used is Inkscape and VisiCut.
    I think this is a little known secret and I'm just trying to get the word out.
    Here are two links to get you started:
    Webshop | TuxIC
    HPC LS3020 Laser Cutter - Fablab NB + JL - JeeLabs . net
    How does the visual part look? meaning i'm looking for a all in one screen, where you can cut and edit and cut from one screen.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleHelix View Post
    How does the visual part look? meaning i'm looking for a all in one screen, where you can cut and edit and cut from one screen.
    I haven't looked into the software to any extent yet, talked to a few people that are use it and they all seem to be pleased. You can help by checking it out yourself.
    VisiCut - LAOS Laser - LAOS - Laser Open Source
    Http://redmine.laoslaser.org/project...tware_overview

Edit: Here is a screen shot of VisiCut showing a nice clean layout:
    DIY laser software-visicut-screen-shot-jpg

Click for larger picture.

Last edited by Rolf_K; 04-14-2014 at 10:37 AM.