I'm about to pull the trigger on a new machine. I won't mention the brand as it really doesn't matter in regards to my question. The machine is available with two power levels -- 60W and 100W. The manufacturer uses Yongli tubes. Haven't found much information, reviews or references for them (either good or bad), so I checked out their website and some manufacturing videos, and wasn't all that impressed. The manufacturer (a US based brand who imports custom made machines) charges $1,750 upgrade from 60 to 100W which is quite steep. I've confirmed that the base machine includes the tube extension regardless, so the upgrade fee seems like it just covers the tube and PSU. I'm having a hard time deciding if I want to go all-in for the 100W version, or buy the 60W and upgrade it myself with my choice of tube and PSU.

If I upgrade, I'll probably go with an EFR ZS series (10,000 hour) tube and a RECI PSU. I can get both for about $1,200 delivered. I can then put some hours on the 60W while learning the machine and software and switch to the 100W for doing heavier work. Both are 80mm diameter tubes, so I shouldn't have to change mounts. Would there be any changes or edits needed in the controller?

Does this option make sense to anyone but me? At least I'd have control over the tube and PSU quality. I'm open for suggestions and opinions.