Reci Laser Tube leaking inside (not firing) video

Thread: Reci Laser Tube leaking inside (not firing) video

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Reci Laser Tube leaking inside (not firing) video

I just wanted to share this, I just bought a new water pump for my laser tube and flushed the line from air bubbles, after seen a steady water flow with no bubbles I said to myself Im good to go, and I turned my laser/waterpump off, when turning the water pump back on I noticed the hose was empty but it got full of water seconds later, I started cutting abs, 5-7 min of cutting and I heard a little tick sound like glass cracking and it suddenly the laser stopped working........ at the same time I saw just a few miniscule air bubbles on the water pump hose, my water is at 68-72 F , Im guessing I got some air bubbles that I didnt see and when the hot met the cold "pooooof" it cracked my laser on the inside.

make sure your water lines, dont dry when the water pump is off :-(

the crack apears to be on the electrode tip, its filling the laser tube full of water. :-( , tonight I will cry to sleep for not been more careful.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Reci Laser Tube leaking inside (not firing) video

That's too bad. I'm not following the hot met cold thing unless you filled the tank up with cold tap water and started it immediately. Normally everything is at room temp when you start. I wonder if it really was a Reci tube? I hear there are counterfeit Reci out there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Dean448 View Post
    That's too bad. I'm not following the hot met cold thing unless you filled the tank up with cold tap water and started it immediately. Normally everything is at room temp when you start. I wonder if it really was a Reci tube? I hear there are counterfeit Reci out there

After cleaning the laser tube I found the problem, I upgraded the water pump and hoses, and since my laser tube was a little dusty, I didnt notice the inlet/outlet stickers on the tube, I followed diagrams from other laser tubes online, I put the inlet water hose in the front of the laser, and the reci tube tube says the inlet is in the back, this could have caused air bubbles??? I dont know.

I know for sure is a Reci laser, or a good damn clone, I have it for more than 3 years already and I laser cut 1/8" abs a lot, I wonder if I reached the max life out of it, I normally cut at 80% power and water temp is between 60-80F all the time. it just sucks.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Reci Laser Tube leaking inside (not firing) video-image-jpg   Reci Laser Tube leaking inside (not firing) video-image-jpg   Reci Laser Tube leaking inside (not firing) video-image-jpg   Reci Laser Tube leaking inside (not firing) video-image-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

I think my inlet is in the back also.. That could have done it I guess. Cooled water in the front not the back. Normally the pluming should have made that hard to do.
    Three years seems good but they are suppose to go thousands of hours. Yea that sucks. Proper cooling is so important.