Need Help! k40 laser fire 3 sec then off

Thread: k40 laser fire 3 sec then off

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default k40 laser fire 3 sec then off

Hello guys, my k40 laser didnt used for 1 year, then i try to power it on test button, and see that my laser beam disappears after 2-3 sec of working ( but tube still sounds working, and light inside). When i restart my machine i can see the dot for 3 sec again, and then the beam disappear.
    Tube or PSU?

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: k40 laser fire 3 sec then off

If left for a year likely the tube has lost its gas, tubes do not store well which is why very few people will stock them and they tend to come directly from factories, original machine tube being the worst for this as can spend months on boats and then same in warehouse often arriving with extremely short life span.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

So whats the symphtoms for laser tube lost gas?
    I thinked it just stop firing or fires low power. But my tube can fire at high power and the dot is cutting good, but beam disappearing after 3 sec firinig, then i reboot my machine and can see that 3-sec dot again.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

The catalysts in the tube disappears therefore whilst some left but not enough it will fire briefly using up available gasses before dying, after a rest period the small amount of catalysts left will have replenished the gasses enough to fire briefly again. I am no laser technician but this is my understanding of how these glass tubes work, and the reason no one keeps spare tubes available for machines which would be ideal to prevent down time at most inopportune moments when they are busy, thats when tubes tend to fail, and the reason no stockists buy cheap Chinese ltubes and hold stocks which would sell for double or treble the price they can be acquired for. I am sure if I am incorrect someone will soon correct me.

Downloads
    Uploads

If your tube was bad it would have low power all the time. Check for loose connections on the controller and high voltage power supply. Are you sure you have water flow all the time in the tube and has the system ever worked normally?