Need some help! Larken 24x24 cnc router/ surfwin / surfer3d

Thread: Need some help! Larken 24x24 cnc router/ surfwin / surfer3d

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Question Need some help! Larken 24x24 cnc router/ surfwin / surfer3d

hey! I have been having some troubles with Rough to using surfwin. I found my dads old Larken 24X24 Routing / milling machine! Works awesome with signs and manual depths using L-cam. Only problem is I cant set rough to for 3d objects, the rough to is always the same height when creating the path, basically cutting all the way down in multi-passing. not leaving any room for the finish path.

When selecting the rough option in the path type, the default is at 0.0, I set it to 0.125 0.250 0.500 and other various numbers including -0.125 and so on, trying to get any result other then the rough to it gives without any changes, which is actually slightly cut deeper then the finish path would be.

Cant upgrade my software as I do not have the new windows controller larken automation released. So I am stuck with good old MS-dos which is totally cool with me as long as the job gets done!, so my question is, I'm either doing something wrong or the programs corrupted. I think he was successful in using rough to in the past, where it leaves room for the finish cut. Surfwin produces .lkf files so i cant look at the difference in notepad to see if its just a hidden attribute in the file which offsets it. guessing its not since every cut I've done has the rough lower then the finish. anyone familiar with Larkens Surfwin and MS-dos Lcam?

I have read the manual many times on the viper servo surfwin. which barely even states anything about the rough to.
    maybe I'm looking at the problem wrong?

heres a link to the manual
    http://www.viperservo.com/dloads/surfer3d.pdf

Any help is really appreciated!! questions / suggestions / answers!
    I can provide more info if needed!

Is there a new free toolpath software? been looking for months! can anyone throw me a link?
    The Larken controller software only takes Some forms of code, eps-in dxf-in(.dxf) lkf-in(.lkf) Gcode-in(.nc) HPGL-In(.plt)