KRMx01 and LinuxCNC

Thread: KRMx01 and LinuxCNC

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Question KRMx01 and LinuxCNC

My KRMx01 seems to be running fine. I am currently using Mach3 and Cut2D.
    I have a lot of experience with Linux but very little with CNC Routers. Is anybody
    Running EMC2? Did you just transfer the settings that you used in Mach 3 to the EMC2
    settings?

Jim

Similar Threads:

Not sure if the Mach3 Gcode I created for the various tests and upgrades is compatible with EMC. Anyone wanting to use Linux and EMC might want to do a dual boot situation so you can access original Mach3 files.

Author of: The CNC Construction Set Books, the KRMx01, KRMx02, KRmc01, and KRmf70 CNC Books, the HANS Electric gear clock book. All available at www.kronosrobotics.com.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: KRMx01 and LinuxCNC

Not sure if this is a dead post or not but I am running mine with LinuxCNC (EMC2) and cover what I done to set it up. As I apply upgrades to the machine, I will explain those configs as well.

Joe

Well over a thousand folks purchased the KRMx01 books off of Amazon and other sources and are still doing so on a regular basis. My metrics show that the download version is getting about 300 downloads a month, so I would say it is active.
    That said not everyone who purchased or downloads the book will build it. Some use the book as reference.

I would be interested in any alternate control methods for the KRMx01 machine. I have recently been experimenting with the Arduino and have successfully used it to run my KRmf70 builds.

Author of: The CNC Construction Set Books, the KRMx01, KRMx02, KRmc01, and KRmf70 CNC Books, the HANS Electric gear clock book. All available at www.kronosrobotics.com.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Mike,

Quote Originally Posted by msimpson99 View Post
    Well over a thousand folks purchased the KRMx01 books off of Amazon and other sources and are still doing so on a regular basis. My metrics show that the download version is getting about 300 downloads a month, so I would say it is active.
    That said not everyone who purchased or downloads the book will build it. Some use the book as reference.
    Glad to know that the KRMx01 is still going strong. I have got several emails about my build over the last year.

Quote Originally Posted by msimpson99 View Post
    I would be interested in any alternate control methods for the KRMx01 machine. I have recently been experimenting with the Arduino and have successfully used it to run my KRmf70 builds.
    You know how life goes, you get so far then something else gets in the way. I am still working on my machine, mostly cosmetic but still have things to install and set up. My intention is to create a series of tutorials and videos on setting up the KRMx01 for use with LinuxCNC. You are welcome to reference them if you like. Or if you need something more, then let me know. The thing I am trying to do is keep people from being tied to brand x controller, or brand y BOB, etc. I want to give enough information so that a new comer to CNC can figure out how things are inter-related.

Joe

Did you ever create those LinuxCNC tutorials. I am interested in playing with alternative control methods with all my machines.