Dyna Mechtronics 4400 (DM4400, dyna myte) reference + brochures & photos - Page 10

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910

Thread: Dyna Mechtronics 4400 (DM4400, dyna myte) reference + brochures & photos

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Dear members. I'm having turkey. My machine has myte Dyna 4400. 1993 model. Battery connected to the memory parameters are sometimes garbled. Parameters have to be set. I'm done manually. I want to install from the pc parameter. I need to program and parameter information. I thank those who are interested.

Gold Member
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by befega View Post
    Dear members. I'm having turkey. My machine has myte Dyna 4400. 1993 model. Battery connected to the memory parameters are sometimes garbled. Parameters have to be set. I'm done manually. I want to install from the pc parameter. I need to program and parameter information. I thank those who are interested.
    See this thread for battery replacement and reloading parameters: http://www.cnczone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14443

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks for CKM about nice Dynamyte info!

I like to tell my machine's (MD4400) story, this is quite unique... My machine have used 20 hours (!). Really. This machine is like new (..or if I'm presice, IT IS!).

Originally machine had buyed to machining school. I can imagine how low jaws have dropped when they figured out that Dynamyte's programming have nothing to do with standart G-code. So, machine wasn't suitable for education ( = not Fanuc... ) and it was stored.

Several years ago one of my client buy this beauty. It got more storing, because of odd control system.

Some weeks ago I bought machine and now it's waiting modernization with 99,99% Fanuc compactile controller (I import CNC-control systems and servos, so modernization is not problem).

Of cource this machine is in sale, if somebody offer me enough thick bunch of dollars... After modernization it's price is more thicker bunch of dollars, haha!!!

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Spindle and Drawbar Assy

Hi all. New guy and novice CNC user here. We have a 4400 that encountered a problem pulling the tool up on a manual change. It happened without warning after a changeover. We suspect the belleville washers, but are having some trouble with the disassembly. The manual give almost nothing, and the one dwg we got from them is indistinct. We've got it down to what appears to be a spanner nut on top of the spindle. Has anyone done a changeout like this? Any docs/photos/advice?

All will be appreciated.

Thx

Dave

Gold Member
    Downloads
    Uploads

Dave,

There are specific tools (surprise!) for getting the draw bar apart. Check this thread for the tool info. Specifically, look at posts #7 and #13 for details of the washers and tool to disassemble the draw bar.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Jonne View Post
    Thanks for CKM about nice Dynamyte info!

I like to tell my machine's (MD4400) story, this is quite unique... My machine have used 20 hours (!). Really. This machine is like new (..or if I'm presice, IT IS!).

Originally machine had buyed to machining school. I can imagine how low jaws have dropped when they figured out that Dynamyte's programming have nothing to do with standart G-code. So, machine wasn't suitable for education ( = not Fanuc... ) and it was stored.

Several years ago one of my client buy this beauty. It got more storing, because of odd control system.

Some weeks ago I bought machine and now it's waiting modernization with 99,99% Fanuc compactile controller (I import CNC-control systems and servos, so modernization is not problem).

Of cource this machine is in sale, if somebody offer me enough thick bunch of dollars... After modernization it's price is more thicker bunch of dollars, haha!!!

Here is couple images about that machine. Enjoy.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Saluki Dave View Post
    Hi all. New guy and novice CNC user here. We have a 4400 that encountered a problem pulling the tool up on a manual change. It happened without warning after a changeover. We suspect the belleville washers, but are having some trouble with the disassembly. The manual give almost nothing, and the one dwg we got from them is indistinct. We've got it down to what appears to be a spanner nut on top of the spindle. Has anyone done a changeout like this? Any docs/photos/advice?

All will be appreciated.

Thx

Dave
    Thanks to some help from the board I got this fixed. It was actually a pretty simple procedure once I understood the hardware. Interesting symptoms so I'll pass along the story.

The machine is cutting very light grooves in the XY plane. We'd had no issues with accuracy or function. I took it down to do a changeover, and when I tried to clamp the tool afterwards, it wouldn't pull up completely. I couldn't believe it was the bellevilles, as it had been functioning perfectly an hour before. It was the bellevilles. About half were dead flat, and most of the remaining were significantly deformed (<.055 vs ~.062 spec). Quite a few were fused together in stacks of 2 to 4. Replaced the washers, reassembled, and no problem. I also managed to drop the drawbar and lose the locking balls, but the replacements came directly from McMaster (interestingly they were 3/16; most if not all of the machine is metric).

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by LYN BYRD View Post
    I am retrofitting a DM4400, so I will be parting out the control, axis drives, and related hardware. If anyone is interested in these items, let me know.
    Thanks
    Hello
    I´m new in this forum,
    Do you have the steppers boards? I have a problem with the X stepper Board on my DM4000, its a 4X00 DM Rev5.
    Thanks

Downloads
    Uploads

Yes,
    I have all of the boards for the control.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Servo Dynamics SD 3060 drive

I have a question about connections to the servo dynamics sd1 3060 drive. My 4400 has been retrofited with a CNC4PC C6 spindle card CNC4PC . I was told that it worked until the gnd and 0-10v connections were accidently disconnected, and now no one remembers where they go. I'm thinking the j1 jummpers gnd and +15v.(Edit: signal, aux, tach?) I found the pdf manual at warp9 site.

Also there are 3 (could be 4 as someone has messed with the connection) wires in 1 bundle comming from spindle connections A1 and A2.(Edit: T1, T2, could that be tach?) What do they do and do they have to be connected?

I'm having trouble because so many items have been changed or removed.

Any help is greatly appreciated, Bill

P.S. I got E sized electrial drawings with the machine. I was thinking of posting 4 to 6 pics, so they coud be printed out. Let me know if anyone is interested.

Last edited by CNC Bill; 01-30-2012 at 01:35 PM. Reason: It was a LATE night, and it was dark out! And thats my story...

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default there is some ideas

revisa los siguientes puntos
    1.- el voltaje de alimentacion de la maquina.
    2.- revisa que no tengas caida o semiaterrizada una fase.
    3.- revisa los capacitores posiblemente uno este dañado
    4.- Revisa individualmente los diodos es muy probable que uno este dañado
    5.- Revisa los contactos de los contactores principales posiblemente una fase no este haciendo contacto correctamente.
    animo solo es cuestion de tener paciencia.
    Quote Originally Posted by ckm View Post
    Well, I had been hoping to post that my Servo Dynamics SD-3030 spindle drive was fixed, but it's not quite yet. I repaired a bunch of burned out wiring in the power supply. It turns out that the OEM put wire ties every 1/2 inch on all the wires. Great, but over what I guess are power resistors, the ties were so tight that when the wire insulation got brittle due to the heat, the ties just wore through.

The net effect of this was that the fan stopped working, causing further wiring failure. I replaced everything with automotive grade wiring, which solved some of the spindle problems (e.g. now the spindle turns on initialization). However, I was still having an error during initialization. The spindle would spin up, then the drive would error out with an over-voltage error. Careful examination of the 6 rectifier diodes revealed one with clear burn marks. It was replaced.

I thought this would be the end of it, but the drive still errors out at initialization with the same behavior (spins up for 10 seconds, then errors with overvoltage). Resetting the drive produces a large buzzing sound from what appears to be the power supply. I suspect that more of the rectifier diodes are bad, but am not sure. The DC drive voltage reads 80v and I haven't had time to check the bus voltage coming from the power supply yet.

The manual stats that the error led is as follows:

Code:
    Voltage - This LED will give an indication for these conditions:

1) Bus voltage has exceeded 195 VDC, this condition can exist if:
        a) The shunt regulator fuses are blown
        b) A regulator is required to handle regenerative motor 
            energy, while decelerating, due to excessively high 
            inertia.

2) The sum of the +/- 15 Volt Bias supply is less than 28 Volts 
        DC.  This condition can exist if a line transient causes 
        the bias supply to dip momentarily or the bias supply has 
        failed.  Check bias supply fuse.
    I checked the shut regulator fuses, and they are OK, and there is a regulator. Also, since the noise on reset exists at dead stop, it would seem that the problem is elsewhere.... I also checked the bias supply fuse and the voltage sum. Both seem OK.

The power supply seems pretty simple. It's basically six rectifier diodes that rectify the incoming 3-phase AC into DC, then pass it to a large filter capacitor. There is also circuitry for shunt regulator which feeds three large resistors. I don't know enough about power drives to understand the whole thing, but it seems that the only two places that could generate overvoltage would be either the cap or the rectifier diodes. I suppose the switching MOSFETs on the shunt regulator could also be bad, but this would not explain the buzzing on reset.... Or it could be wired to the wrong ends on the transformer (hmmm, should check that first...). My next step is to test the power supply more thoroughly, starting with the rest of the diodes and the capacitor.

The other possibility is the power output stage of the amp, which is a bunch of MOSFETs driven in PWM fashion at 2Khz. One interesting thing was that when I disconnected the control and tach inputs, then started the machine, the drive went into run-away mode, something I did not expect. I thought that enable and signal were necessary at least for the thing to run. This may or may not indicate a problem with the amp itself. I'm going to take the heatsink off the MOSFETs to see if I can divine anything from their looks...

Regardless, I've been trolling ebay and the 'net to find a reasonably cheap replacement. If anyone knows of a 150-180v 6HP (~30-40A) DC motor controller with integrated power supply for a reasonable price, please tell me. I do have an AMC controller of the right size coming, but no power supply... In the meantime, I'm continuing to troubleshoot the amp as best I can. I have an o-scope and various other electronics testing tools, as well as the manual for the amp, but I don't know an enormous amount about these things, so it's slow going.

In other news, I designed and had made some breakout boards to convert the existing control system to Mach3. They arrived today. I now have most everything I need for a conversion, so I'm going to start on that next week.

If anyone has ever worked on a Servo Dynamics drive and has some pointers, I'd be grateful if you'd be willing to share your wisdom.

Thx.

Chris.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default DM4400 Stepper Motors

I made a deal locally on a DM4400. I'd like to replace the steppers with DC Brush Servos. What is the PEAK rating of the original stepper motors? I was looking at Keling's motor:

Brand New 1 PC NEMA34 Servo Motor, Dual Shaft

Specifications:

Constant Torque: 226 oz-in
    Peak Torque: 1125 oz-in
    No load Speed: 3200 R.P.M

Terminal Voltage : 90 VDC
    Continuous Current: 7.8 A
    Peak Current: 40 A
    Weight : 4.25 K

Any thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by ckm View Post
    The DM4400 is one of the smallest mills you can get with a toolchanger.
    All axis are driven by stepper motors with feedback encoders for closed loop control. The steppers are PMI/Kollmorgen SyncroSteps, their specs are:

X,Y & Z Axis
    • 200 steps/rev
    • 140 oz. in.
    • 125 watts
    • Parallel: .13 Ohms 4.6 A
    • Series: .52 Ohms 2.3 A
    • Shaft: .375" x 1"
    • Size: NEMA34
    • Overall Length: 3.25"
      (note: motor enclosure has a fan with a 3" dia. hole in enclosure)
    The encoder is an HP HEDS-6310, specs are:
    • Dual channel
    • TTL 1000 count with Index
    • Input 5 VDC
    The stepper drivers are from Dyna and are apparently step/dir style drives (see photos below). They feed 48v to the steppers, which are then geared via a tooth drive 5:1 to the ballscrew.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default DM4400M ATC Air Cylinder

Does anyone still have a Dyna DM4400M? Or one with a later PC based control from the factory?

I am trying to find someone to take pictures and measurements of where the air cylinder mounts to the Automatic Tool Changer arm.

I have the older 4400 and am replacing the electric motor system with the air cylinder from the newer 4400M (Mitsubishi based control or later PC Based Control and really need help with that information.

Thanks in advance
    Marty

Downloads
    Uploads

I also have all the control boards from my Dyna DM4400 for sale. I listed them on ebay with a buy it now or best offer.
    Marty

Downloads
    Uploads

Any chance anyone have the drawing of the pull stud? It has been discussed in the thread before but no data here. The yahoo group does not seams to be active, anyone have access to this? It says the drawing is there.

If anyone have the manual as a PDF I would be very happy

Dyna Mechtronics 4400 (DM4400, dyna myte) reference + brochures &amp; photos-tech-bt-ps-jpg

Downloads
    Uploads

geahr,
    Re pull stud, first be aware that many drawings out there show the angle under the knob as 60 degrees it is actually 45 degrees
    d1 = 0.47 (inch)
    d2 = 0.292
    D = 0.650
    d3 = 0.491
    T = M12 * 1.75
    L = 1.89
    l1 = 1.10
    l2 = 0.885
    Flats on D 0.5 Non flat area on D 0.055 wide
    Cyl section of knob 0.1 wide
    Rad at intersection of d2 and D 0.062
    Have an actual drawing, PM me with an email address Can also help with Manual but note manual is absolutely full of errors!
    Martin,
    Old foundrymen never die their core just shifts

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910