Shizouka AN-S retrofit

Thread: Shizouka AN-S retrofit

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Shizouka AN-S retrofit

I picked up a Shizouka AN-S about a month ago for $2500. Had the Bandit control stripped off it already. The iron is in very nice shape. Has a Quick Draw tool changer on it also.

I was going to go with a Vital systems DSPMC control and Mach3 software, but I found a killer deal on a Galil 4080 on Ebay for $900 that was too good to pas up. New the controller is $3200. It was local so I picked it up and a friend of mine that's helping me with the retrofit powered it up and it seems to work perfectly. The mill also has (had) a motor for the speed control. A lot of parts like that were in a box.

My friend suggested we do a stepper motor on the speed changer and the tool changer since the electronics in the tool changer weren't all there. I picked up a couple of Nema 42 motors and drives off Ebay for that.

Does anyone here have an AN-S with a Quick Draw tool changer that's running that could take a video of the tool changer in action? Would be nice to get a visual on how it works. I've looked on youtube but nothing there.

Shizouka AN-S retrofit-shizouka-1-jpg