Need Help! Kitamura Mycenter H400 - tool clamp issue

Thread: Kitamura Mycenter H400 - tool clamp issue

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Kitamura Mycenter H400 - tool clamp issue

Hello all

hoping someone with a Mycenter H400 or similar can help out. I am having the strangest issue. When I go to do a tool change -, the door opens, the arm rotates 90° to grab the tool out of the spindle - its perfetly aligned in the groove - but then it moves forward before the tool is unclamped and contineues the cycle. However the unclamp cylinder is all the way forward and hitting the unclamp dog - but its just not letting go of the tool immediately. So the arm continues with the tool change cycle - but the tool is still clamped in the spindle. An instant later - the tool unclamps and slides out and drops out of the spindle. Now here is the weird part- this only happens on a tool change if you wait more than 10 minutes between changes. So after it drops a tool - it works perfectly. Of if you manually do a clamp/unclamp and then do a tool change its fine.

I have rebuilt the clamp cylinder, the drawbar, the hydraulic pump - nothing is helping.

If someone has this machine - can you tell me that when you do an unclamp - does the pressure drop from the standard 4.9mPa to about 1 then back up to 4.9 (thats what mine does - not sure if its normal). I am indesperate need of this machine and I cannot get it to work.

Thanks - John