Need Help! Fanuc OM-B On Mycenter 2 Kitamura need help ASAP!!

Thread: Fanuc OM-B On Mycenter 2 Kitamura need help ASAP!!

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Fanuc OM-B On Mycenter 2 Kitamura need help ASAP!!

Just recently picked up a Kitamura Mycenter 2, with Fanuc 0M-B controls. Bought it knowing it had some issues, but trying to narrow it down. Machine powers up, control panel lights up and it seems like all the buttons work. I can cycle the tool changer by manually closing the contactor, as well as the hydraulic pump. There is no air hookup up at the monent to the machine.

Old owner had a Fanuc/Kitamura tech come out and said it was the main board. 1500 I really dont want to spend if its not the issue. There is no jog function, and I cant get the spindle to do anything. If I leave the servos plugged into the drivers, i cant spin the screws. If I unplug them, I can spin them, and the readout moves with the axis. There is a board on the spindle unit that powered up for about 1 second while I was contacting a few relays, and that was it. Fanuc calls it the "orientation board" it has all the control for acceleration and braking for the spindle.

I also took the servo driver card off and looked at the back, it was pretty brown, but appeared to work ok. The 2 main green lights come on one says "DRDY" and the other is "5V". Ive checked every fuse, breaker, and relay input and output and everything has voltage when it needs it. Some of the contactors wont fire but im sure thats just part of the issue with automation. The big question is why the front panel inputs (jog, spindle control) wont work.

Any help would be great. I need to get this machine making chips!!

Fanuc OM-B On Mycenter 2 Kitamura need help ASAP!!-20150520_101835-1-jpg

Fanuc OM-B On Mycenter 2 Kitamura need help ASAP!!-20150520_143947-1-jpg

Fanuc OM-B On Mycenter 2 Kitamura need help ASAP!!-20150520_143911-1-jpg

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Fanuc OM-B On Mycenter 2 Kitamura need help ASAP!!

Without air, I'm sure your never going to get it out of not ready. 2nd, pushing contactors randomly is going to cause you much more grief later.

Downloads
    Uploads

It doesn't say not ready unless the estop is pressed in. There are some leaks I have to patch up. Not sure if there is a pressure transducer to monitor psi but I'll havery to look at the schematic. All the outputs are disconnected to when I test the contacts I just wanted to see if I had a bad contact pad anywhere, and I knew which one was for the ATC. thanks for the advice.

Downloads
    Uploads

I should mention the machine ran fine until about 4 years ago. Just stopped running one day. Servos and spindles just quit.

Downloads
    Uploads

There are no lights on the main board. The repair guy might be right. All test points read correct voltage. The cabinet fans are dead, I'm sure something overheated.

Downloads
    Uploads

anybody?

Downloads
    Uploads

need to find a local fanuc tech in so-cal. anybody? im stumped