Won't enable

Thread: Won't enable

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Won't enable

Ok guys, this is my first post. I just purchased a K2 KG9850. I have 2 problems, first when I push the green button next to e-stop nothing happens. Everything shows that its connected to the computer an I'm not receiving any errors, any help on what the problem could be? Second issue is when I flip the breaker to send power to the machine the fan on the spindle comes on, before I even power on the machine at the control box. Thanks for the help.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Won't enable

K2CNC has been out of business for a while. So you must have bought this machine used from someone. Was it working for them, or did you buy it as-is with no guarantees? If it's the latter, I hope you got a good deal. If it's the former, can you get them over there to help you set it up? Or get your money back?

[FONT=Verdana]Andrew Werby[/FONT]
    [URL="http://www.computersculpture.com/"]Website[/URL]

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I purchased new/used. Its a 2014 model that was purchased new at a liquidation sale and never put into production. The company I bought it from (as is) didn't know much about the machine other than it was new and they had changed direction of their glass company and didn't need it. I can say it doesn't appear to ever been set up. I did get a good buy I believe. It also came with a Becker pump also brand new in box(it works great). Thanks.

Downloads
    Uploads

This may have been a machine that never worked, then. I believe 2014 was when K2 went under, and their machines often had a lot of problems. It could have been sitting around the factory waiting for repairs or replacements, and then got sold at the liquidation sale. But let's take it a step at a time.

What program does this router use for control - Mach3? Do you have the XML file that sets it all up, or are you trying to figure out all the settings by hand? When you turn the control box on, do the steppers lock up, or still spin freely?

What operating system is running the computer you're hooking it up to? Is it connecting through the parallel port? If so, is it running in EPP mode?

[FONT=Verdana]Andrew Werby[/FONT]
    [URL="http://www.computersculpture.com/"]Website[/URL]

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I tracked down some loose connections, I have a green light now, and x, y axis servos locked up as they should. Now on controller, kmotion not showing green on axis readout, they are yellow, so I'm not able to jog or home the machine. I can turn the spindle on but not off. It's running through usb on Windows 8.

Downloads
    Uploads

Brail,

Where are you and the machine located?

Welcome to the Zone,

Jeff...

Patience and perseverance have a magical effect before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks, Central Missouri

Last edited by BRAIL; 01-17-2017 at 09:27 AM.