KG-3925 no green light on reset box

Thread: KG-3925 no green light on reset box

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default KG-3925 no green light on reset box

I posted a thread a couple of days ago looking for the main.c file etc.. for my kmotion software. After upgrading I lost these files and couldn't get
    the machine to reset (green light). raasco_alan was nice enough to send me the files however after loading I still didn't get a green light. I was wondering
    what is the minimum "state" or requirements for the machine to show a green light? I am not sure at this point what is wrong so I wanted to do some trouble shooting.
    I know programming and cad/cam but I know nothing about how to configure or make a CNC machine talk to the PC or the card, it seems like something you have to
    a lot of experience with.

Here are a few observations:

1. The machine worked until I upgraded from 4.29 to 4.34
    2. raasco sent me his entire 429 and KFLOP directories, after flashing and loading on thread six I got the numbers in KmontionCNC to turn green by initializing but no green light.
    3. When I hit my user button i called INIT all the numbers 0 and they turn green.
    4. If I try to run a simple line like G0 X-20 Y-20 Z-4, the numbers turn yellow and it displays a message saying axis not enabled but I had enabled them in Kmotion.exe
    5. If I click the machine coords check box the numbers all turn orange and nothing happens when I try to jog the machine.
    6. If I click the simulate button all the numbers turn white and again nothing happens.

Is there a way to just wipe out the card and start over? I don't know what to do or where to start. Honestly thinking since K2 is out of business, no support etc etc etc. Better to dump this machine
    and buy a different one from a reputable company that is actually in business and can support their products.

Similar Threads:

Default Re: KG-3925 no green light on reset box

Dont dump the machine we can retrofit the controller to a mach 3 controller using the existing motors give us a call 949-428-5079 we have done a bunch of retrofits on these k2 systems i can give you references to call the k2 hardware is actually very good its just a lousy controller check out our site cncrepair.us

Downloads
    Uploads

Just out of curiosity, what is it that you don't like about the Kflop controller? What are the advantages of replacing the electronics instead of getting Kflop set up?

Downloads
    Uploads

CJG71,

You might want to post this over on the Dynomotion forum where TK can response he is an expert on the KFLOP. I actually have the KFLOP and KANALOG and they are extremely stable platforms, with lots of users.

What you need to understand and maybe you do understand is the K2CNC configuration actually flashed some of the programs in firmware, unlike what Dynomotion normal recommends. When you upgraded from 4.29 to 4.34 you wiped out some of the programs that were flashed in the KFLOP. I have a bunch of the programs that were in a K2CNC but I am not positive which version, but you need to examine all the threads. My guess is when you run the init thread there was also an enable thread that was flashed which enabled the drivers. You are missing that one, the files I have might have that or you can check what you got with the machine to see if they detailed everything.

Russ

Downloads
    Uploads

If you ask questions to TK on this forum he is an expert on the KFLOP.

DynoMotion@***********.com