Kmotion setup/config files for K2 CNC (KG-3925)

Thread: Kmotion setup/config files for K2 CNC (KG-3925)

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Kmotion setup/config files for K2 CNC (KG-3925)

I am helping a friend of mine to get a K2 CNC machine running. I have 25 years experience in all types of modeling software, programming etc.. but none in setting up CNC machines. I had everything working with version Kmotion 4.29 then I upgraded to 4.34 and lost all of the configuration and now I cant even get the green light to turn on, on the reset button/box. The numbers do change on the software like its running code but the machine does nothing at all.

I have seen some posts that talk about copying you data directory and your c-programs directory and I have done that. The problem is a couple of other people have worked on this machine as well and I have no idea which files to load to get it working again. I am really just trying to find someone who might be running this same setup who wouldn't mind passing me their config files or even just screen shots of how to set the configuration manually. I have looked all over and I cannot find a main.c or any files that say K2***.c

I would think this cant be to hard but I don't know where to start. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Kmotion setup/config files for K2 CNC (KG-3925)

Is there not anyone out there who can help with this? I am just trying to get the green light to turn on... Any help?

Don't know if this will help. I have a K2 running on 4.29. Here are the C code threads that show up in KMotion and the path to them. This may help you find the files.

Thread #
    1 c:\kflop\k2_init servo.c
    2 c:\kflop\k2_toolchange.c
    3 c:\kmotion429\cprograms\simplehome.c
    4 c:\kmotion429\cprograms\setsteppulselength.c
    5 c:\kflop\driver\clearbit63.c
    6 c:\kflop\driver\main.c
    7 c:kflop\defines.c

It appears in the Config & Flash that thread 6 is set to Launch on Power Up.

The K2_Init Servo.c path and K2_Home.c paths are included in the Tool Setup Screen on the KMotionCNC program.

I've thought about bringing my software up to newer versions but I worry if something goes wrong in the change I won't get the machine going again.

Hope this helps. Not much more that I know about the setup.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thank you so much for the reply. It seems that some of these files are missing on this computer so I cant load them. Is there anyway you could send me a copy of the files you have? Being as K2 is out of business there is no way to get any of this anymore....

Send me an email address and I'll send over the full KMotion429 and Kflop directories.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

AWESOME!!! thank you! cjgrubb71@gmail.com

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hello raasco_alan and CJG71,

I've just discovered your thread and I am dealing with a similar problem. I have the KG-4925 and a building power flux scrambled some of the programs and vfd. I'm making progress with help from others on both fronts but I was wondering if one of you could send me the full KMotion429 and Kflop directories. I would like to compare them to what I have to see what my issues may be.

Thanks,
    Robert

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi raasco_alan and CJG71,

Looks like i'm in the same boat. It would be greatly appricated if one of you could send me the Kflop files also.

Thanks, Eric.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

so I'm in the same boat also, tried to upgrade and now nothing works. I have a K2 2549 with the option to remotely turn the spindle on and off.
    Heres what ive deducted so far;
    replacing the flash memory was a mistake obviously
    the "threads" that initialize the CNC will most likely be different depending on your K2's configuration ?
    I'm not familiar with C programs, but I think the best way to go is to try and go back to the previous version that worked 4.29
    basically want to know the procedure to properly install the right "C Program or programs ? " back into the flash memory.
    I have the original kmotion and k2cnc disk which should include the proper files and have tried a few different things but so far no luck
    this is where i'm stuck at

Downloads
    Uploads

Looked into this further and was able to piece together enough information from this forum to get the CNC up and moving. It doesn't quite work without some manual adjustments and even then I'm concerned there may be additional surprises if I try and run a job.

bootleg, Could you share with me your k2cnc software? Open each .c program and in one of them it may state which c files and the Thread # that should be used on the KFLOP hardware.

Downloads
    Uploads

Rob505,

I wanted to thank you for posting your files here:
    http://www.cnczone.com/forums/dynomo...rum-posts.html

I was working with another K2CNC user because he lost the file flashed in KFLOP and we couldn't find the source anywhere on his system. I think his system was quite a bit older than Rob505's but was still using KMotion Version 4.29.

We:

#1 loaded Rob505's file \KFLOP rob505\KFLOP\Driver\k2mc_driver.c into KFLOP's Thread #6

#2 edited the beginning of the included "defines.h" file because the system had DC Servos as
    (remove slashes from the beginning of the line matching your system type)

//-------------------------------------------------
    // Select a board type
    //-------------------------------------------------
    #define DC_SERVO
    //#define DC_SERVO_REV4
    //#define DC_STEP_DIR
    //#define AC_SERVO_ANALOG
    //#define AC_SERVO_STEP_DIR

#3 Compiled and Downloaded k2mc_driver.c
    #4 Set Launch on Startup Thread#6 and Flashed "User Data".
    #5 Rebooted KFLOP

and everything worked!

Regards

Regards
    TK http://dynomotion.com