K2CNC - Terrible Experience

Thread: K2CNC - Terrible Experience

Downloads
    Uploads

Default K2CNC - Terrible Experience

We purchased a 5' x 10' router last Dec. I was told we would receive it 30 days later...we got it four months later and it has yet to work. I have placed numerous phone calls and get either no response or they tell me they will get try to get it working remotely (unsuccessfully). I have asked repeatedly to have one of their staff come out and get this machine working ...I am getting the run around. This is 3/4 of a year without a working machine. We paid in full before delivery. I'm about ready to ship it back and ask for a full refund. I would not recommend this company. Customer service is terrible, can't comment on the machine because IT DOESN'T WORK.

Similar Threads:
    StuartC
    https://www.stuartgraphics.com/

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: K2CNC - Terrible Experience

When you say it "doesn't work", what do you mean? Does it not power up, not move at all, not move correctly, quit prematurely, or what? Is it using Mach3 or some other control software? Are you trying to run it on your own computer, and if so, what sort of computer is that?

[FONT=Verdana]Andrew Werby[/FONT]
    [URL="http://www.computersculpture.com/"]Website[/URL]

Downloads
    Uploads

It has powered up twice and blown electronic parts both times. We have replaced several electronic parts of the controller by K2's instruction. The last time, the gantry moved from one end to the other, froze and has not moved since. I am using the K2CNC controller running on the computer K2 supplied as part of the package.

StuartC
    https://www.stuartgraphics.com/

Downloads
    Uploads

I got a 14" X 25" machine from them about 10 years ago. It has been pretty reliable and I use it a good bit so it has paid for itself many times over. I plan to build a bigger machine with supported rails that will be more rigid soon. They are not very good when I call or email with questions. I sense an attitude from them of "We already got your money so you are not a priority".

I would be furious if I bought a big expensive machine and had the problems you are having.

If you can't get any resolution from them and need to get it up an working I would recommend a Smoothstepper board and Gecko drives. I realize that you paid for something that should work, but it might be a way to cut your losses from something that does you no good at all. Suing a company in another state is not an easy or inexpensive process unfortunately.

Downloads
    Uploads

What type of drives are in the machine ? What type of motors ?
    Did just one axis blow ? Are the other axis still moving ? Is the software all setup properly . MORE INFO ....

To be honest, just saying " it doesn't work" can be very irritating to a tech support department.

Manufacturer of CNC routers and Viper Servo Drives
    www.LarkenCNC.com and www.Viperservo.com

Downloads
    Uploads

StuartC,

Did you guys get your machine fixed? Looks like K2CNC went out of business.

Russ

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hmmm, sounds just like the runaround I was given last spring. Now that they are out of business, this makes perfect sense.

Downloads
    Uploads

Did you ever get your table running?