I am looking to build cnc machine that I can add to in the future or if price is right do it know.
This is what I am looking to do:
I am looking to start a small hobbyist business making the odd poker table, furniture beds night stand etc, and some cabinets. I am probably looking at a total of 10 a year. So not high production runs I am willing to spend up to 5-6k on my machine.
Listed below are some of things that I want on my machine or want my machine to have the ability to do. I have also added a few video links to show you what I am looking to do.
1. 4x8 cutting surface
2. I want to be able to take jpg and make them into a grey scale then g code)
3. I would like to add a switch to set tool heights (video 1 attachment shows what I am looking for move to the 1 minute 10 second part of the video) link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJNUcsJ6BC8&feature=player_embedded]Mach3 2010 Screenset Tool Change - YouTube
4. Touch probe to create part (video 2) link
5. I want a “A” axis to do legs about 48 max video 3 shows what I want to do on a small scale link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WyuA8nhmFPQ&feature=related]InfoTEC 1008 Rotary CNC Router - YouTube or something like this if a stepper motor can move like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HDO-PZdUnYA&feature=related]CNC Router with Rotary - YouTube
6. Most stock will be ¾-1 inch but would like a z axis of 8-12 inches for leg turning question 5
In regards to question 5 I have no idea what software I need to run this any ideas would be great. I also don’t know if there is software to run all of these things that I want to be able to do.
I know there are 3 programs that I need to do most of this type of work a cad program, a gcode writer, and a photo illustrator. After reading the above requirements can you some give me an idea of what programs that I will need.
I am also going to buy the guide to Joe’s cnc forum. I have some questions on the content. Are their detailed videos on the forum to put together the electronics (boards etc?) And is there video on how to set up the software?
And lastly when I buy my kit is there paper blueprints on the construction of the unit I have seen some that are in solid works and I find them hard to read as you have to highlight the different parts of the cut out to get dimensions. I am more a blueprint kind of guy.
I am unsure of the kit to order on the joes website as none state the 4x8 size. I would like the pre cut out pieces. Should I order the "Joe's CNC 4x4 Hybrid" (Rack and Pinion Version) or the "Joe's CNC Model 2006"
Thank you in advance