Bgriggs R&P Hybrid Upgrade mini Log - Page 2

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bgriggs R&P Hybrid Upgrade mini Log

Downloads
    Uploads

Here is what I did to route my wires.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Bgriggs R&P Hybrid Upgrade mini Log-img_3193-jpg   Bgriggs R&P Hybrid Upgrade mini Log-img_3194-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

It took about a week from start to finish to upgrade the Hybrid. I am glad I did.

"http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cLmu6u036kw"]YouTube- r&p update_0001.wmv

Please rate the video if you like it.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Excellent Video Bill, now we need to see a video of some chips flying.

Jason

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Marsha View Post
    Excellent Video Bill, now we need to see a video of some chips flying.

Jason
    I'll have to take one next time I cut. Will a still picture work?

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Bgriggs R&P Hybrid Upgrade mini Log-img_3206-jpg  

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Pictures are always good but nothing beats a good video

Downloads
    Uploads

I guess Jason is the only one who read this.

Bill

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Lurking over your shoulder

There are others watching/reading over your shoulder. Being a newbie, I don't have enough knowledge to add informed comments, but I do enjoy following the builds here and learning as much as I can. So I ask that you keep posting and let us ignorant newbies soak up as much information as possible from your experiences. Keep up the good work and please keep posting (and pictures are priceless).

I may not be good....
    But I am S L O W!!

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Bill,

I agree, you have many silent viewers Great job ...
    I have a 14 year old daughter I have been encouraging to learn Aspire.
    I can't wait for the day she wants to learn how to use the machine .
    maybe in for a long wait. she really is a girly girl lol .
    Will keep trying though. Keep up the good work .

I expect to see some finished work in the completed work section
    http://www.cnczone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39271

Kent

Downloads
    Uploads

I've been watching as well.....great job!

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I'd say without a doubt, you have a lot of "Secret Admirers" on here.
    Looks Great, Keep up the good work!

Best Regards,

Andy

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Craftsman router on your build

Great pics and video. I see you said you will be using a Craftsman router. What type of router and do you ahve any pics of the router mounted? I have an old 1-1/2hp Craftsman #315.17491 with the start switch on the router base trigger. I'm not convinced it will work and am wondering if you are using a similar router.

Bill, Ohio

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by bcourson View Post
    Great pics and video. I see you said you will be using a Craftsman router. What type of router and do you ahve any pics of the router mounted? I have an old 1-1/2hp Craftsman #315.17491 with the start switch on the router base trigger. I'm not convinced it will work and am wondering if you are using a similar router.

Bill, Ohio
    The router is a Craftsman 320.17542. It is a good, inexpensive router and easily replaced locally.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Bgriggs R&P Hybrid Upgrade mini Log-img_3233-jpg   Bgriggs R&P Hybrid Upgrade mini Log-img_3234-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

I added a few additional upgrades to the machine. I made up some mounts for limit/homing switches from angle aluminum.

I also purchased an IVAC tool switch to automatically turn my dust collection system on and off. The IVAC came from Eagle America. It works well.

Bill

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Bgriggs R&P Hybrid Upgrade mini Log-img_3238-jpg   Bgriggs R&P Hybrid Upgrade mini Log-img_3237-jpg   Bgriggs R&P Hybrid Upgrade mini Log-img_3248-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

I also made a fixed location for my dust collector and ran a pipe across the ceiling to the center of the table. I used Rockler hoses and also so dryer vent pipes.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Bgriggs R&P Hybrid Upgrade mini Log-img_3259-jpg   Bgriggs R&P Hybrid Upgrade mini Log-img_3260-jpg   Bgriggs R&P Hybrid Upgrade mini Log-img_3261-jpg   Bgriggs R&P Hybrid Upgrade mini Log-img_3262-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

I haven't posted in a while but I thought folks might like to see my upgrade of a Seig Minimill x2 to belt drive.

Sieg Minimill X2 Belt drive upgrade kit – An easy-to-install alternative to the noisy, fragile gears on the mini mill. « Maker Masters

I also posted a video on youtube. The link is on that page.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Bgriggs R&P Hybrid Upgrade mini Log-s1330001-jpg   Bgriggs R&P Hybrid Upgrade mini Log-s1330006-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by bgriggs View Post
    I haven't posted in a while but I thought folks might like to see my upgrade of a Seig Minimill x2 to belt drive.

Sieg Minimill X2 Belt drive upgrade kit – An easy-to-install alternative to the noisy, fragile gears on the mini mill. « Maker Masters

I also posted a video on youtube. The link is on that page.
    I posted the second part of the video to youtube. Please check it out and leave a comment.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-PyVV133WqM]Minimill Belt Drive Upgrade Part Two - YouTube

Bill

Downloads
    Uploads

I've been following the progress of the ShapeOko Open Source CNC Router Table and Makerslide on kickstarter. ShapeOko is trying to create a $300 desktop CNC Router and Makerslide is trying to Creat open source Linear rails that are inexpensive.

These two have mashedup their projects and ShapeOko has created a Router table using the Makerslides. They made the first cuts today. Ther e is more info in my blog at

ShapeOko DIY CNC Router Table makes it’s first cut! « Maker Masters

Makerslide Starting to Ship – Open Source Linear Bearing System « Maker Masters

Bill

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Bgriggs R&P Hybrid Upgrade mini Log-shapeoko-first-cut-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

I just got in my supply of Makerslide Open Source Linear Bearing system. I was happy with the strength of these little rails. I think they will be a nice way to make inexpensive CNC machines and tools.

I posted a video showing some info about the Makerslides in my blog. There is also a Youtube video and links to the Cad files. Maker Masters

Bill

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Bgriggs R&P Hybrid Upgrade mini Log-s1580011-jpg   Bgriggs R&P Hybrid Upgrade mini Log-s1580002-jpg   Bgriggs R&P Hybrid Upgrade mini Log-s1580005-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

This has just been an amazing week. First I get a chance to have parts for my Joe's upgrade cut on a Haas Machining center, then when I got home my order of Makerslide linear bearing system arrived at my door and now I am dreaming up all kinds of CNC things to make with it. Then Alibre Design 2012 is released so now I can draw up those CNC machines. Now, as if on cue Minibloq Graphical Programming environment for Arduino Beta is released (Open Source). So now I have a new way to move the steppers with Arduino.

This is cool stuff! Im sure folks will be talking about Alibre Design all over the web. But if you want a peek at Minibloq check it out. There is a link for a download .

Minibloq Beta Is Released – Open Source Graphical Programing Environment for Arduino « Maker Masters

Here is a video I shot with my cell phone (sorry for the crappy quality) of My Gantry plates being cut on the Haas. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3YSxwm0WNI]Haas cutting Gantry sides SUNY Morrisville - YouTube

Bill

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Bgriggs R&P Hybrid Upgrade mini Log-s1600001-jpg   Bgriggs R&P Hybrid Upgrade mini Log-s1600002-jpg   Bgriggs R&P Hybrid Upgrade mini Log-s1600003-jpg  
    Joescnc 4x4 R&P Router, Minimill, Minilathe, CNC Foamcutter, laser cutter, Vectric Aspire. http://makermasters.com, http://themakersguide.com

Downloads
    Uploads

I know this is a little off topic but do you think this motor couldbe adapted as a spindle motor?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PXI5d0Aws0Y&feature=player_embedded]Brushless motor BLDC 20 kW for electric plane, Test1 - YouTube

Joescnc 4x4 R&P Router, Minimill, Minilathe, CNC Foamcutter, laser cutter, Vectric Aspire. http://makermasters.com, http://themakersguide.com

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast