Joe's Hybrid - Xnaron's Build - Page 3

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Joe's Hybrid - Xnaron's Build

Downloads
    Uploads

I admire your excellent craftsmanship. This whole router is MASTERFUL!

CR.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Crevice Reamer View Post
    I admire your excellent craftsmanship. This whole router is MASTERFUL!

CR.
    Thanks! Joe certainly has really designed a winner here. It's what finally made me get off my rear and build one of these. I've been wanting to build one for years but never found anything that caught my eye until I saw the hybrid.

Downloads
    Uploads

More progress

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Joe's Hybrid - Xnaron's Build-cimg0819-res-jpg   Joe's Hybrid - Xnaron's Build-cimg0820-res-jpg   Joe's Hybrid - Xnaron's Build-cimg0821-res-jpg   Joe's Hybrid - Xnaron's Build-cimg0822-res-jpg  

Joe's Hybrid - Xnaron's Build-cimg0823-res-jpg   Joe's Hybrid - Xnaron's Build-cimg0824-res-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

more pics

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Joe's Hybrid - Xnaron's Build-cimg0833-res-jpg   Joe's Hybrid - Xnaron's Build-cimg0834-res-jpg   Joe's Hybrid - Xnaron's Build-cimg0836-res-jpg   Joe's Hybrid - Xnaron's Build-cimg0837-res-jpg  

Joe's Hybrid - Xnaron's Build-cimg0838-res-jpg   Joe's Hybrid - Xnaron's Build-cimg0840-res-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

a video!

"http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TMUek82ESnQ"]YouTube - Y carriage Jog

Downloads
    Uploads

more pics

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Joe's Hybrid - Xnaron's Build-cimg0841-res-jpg   Joe's Hybrid - Xnaron's Build-cimg0842-res-jpg   Joe's Hybrid - Xnaron's Build-cimg0843-res-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Looking good my man. I bet it's nice to see that puppy move under its own power.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by FandZ View Post
    Looking good my man. I bet it's nice to see that puppy move under its own power.

Thanks...its pretty cool!

Downloads
    Uploads

Made a lot of progress...videos coming shortly

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Joe's Hybrid - Xnaron's Build-cimg0845-res-jpg   Joe's Hybrid - Xnaron's Build-cimg0846-res-jpg   Joe's Hybrid - Xnaron's Build-cimg0848-res-jpg   Joe's Hybrid - Xnaron's Build-cimg0853-res-jpg  

Joe's Hybrid - Xnaron's Build-cimg0855-res-jpg   Joe's Hybrid - Xnaron's Build-cimg0856-res-jpg   Joe's Hybrid - Xnaron's Build-cimg0857-res-jpg   Joe's Hybrid - Xnaron's Build-cimg0858-res-jpg  

Joe's Hybrid - Xnaron's Build-cimg0859-res-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Videos

"http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l6Xp-GKME38"]YouTube - X and Y

"http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NVKenM2yeKg"]YouTube - hybrid X and Y

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AMU87WoU-RA

Downloads
    Uploads

I'm cutting!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f5XkZxB72OU

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Joe's Hybrid - Xnaron's Build-cimg0860-res-jpg   Joe's Hybrid - Xnaron's Build-cimg0861-res-jpg   Joe's Hybrid - Xnaron's Build-cimg0862-res-jpg   Joe's Hybrid - Xnaron's Build-cimg0863-res-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Woohoo! NJ MAN!

I didn't relize the Hitachi router would be that loud. It's the one I'm planning on getting. I also know, noise wise, it's suppossed to be best in class. I'm going to have to come up with a soloution for that sooner than later. Thanks for the video.

So what are your plans? What do you plan on making?

Downloads
    Uploads

Woohoo! NJ MAN!

I didn't relize the Hitachi router would be that loud. It's the one I'm planning on getting. I also know, noise wise, it's suppossed to be best in class. I'm going to have to come up with a soloution for that sooner than later. Thanks for the video.

I had it on the highest RPM setting...the lower the setting the quieter it gets. I am going to cut some new parts for the router. The guy locally who cut mine was having problems with his machine in accuracy and tolerances were out on most of the pieces. I am going to cut a new set and properly finish and paint them.

Brendin

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Love your bit selection. You could do some real 3D with that one.
    I made my first V carve with an old drill bit I snaped off in the vise and sharpened to a V point on the grinder.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by BobF View Post
    Love your bit selection. You could do some real 3D with that one.
    I made my first V carve with an old drill bit I snaped off in the vise and sharpened to a V point on the grinder.
    yeah ghetto cnc...gotta love it!

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Woohoo! NJ MAN!

From a woodworker that has used a few routers... Look into the Milwaukee ones. They are quieter and IME more reliable and parts are cheaper (havent bought any though) They also have a 5yr warranty. I like the 5616.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I use the Milwaukee 5625 on my machine and am very happy with it.
    I also have a Makita 1101 that I like a lot. Never used a Hitachi. They just look cheesy to me.
    Get a variable speed whatever you choose. The built in speed control is waaaaay better than any of those addons things you see.

Downloads
    Uploads

I've got the dust shoe cut yesterday and installed as well as the dust collection system operational. I've also got the timing belt installed.

Here are some pics and some video of the machine cutting out some new x-axis plates with wider hole spacing to accomodate my 0.755" angle. I love the dust collection system! Everything stays clean. It is a 1280CFM 1 micron 220V dust collector. Still need to work out a final resting place for it. You can see it in the video.

Brendin

"http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IFg1OCON7IU"]YouTube - MDF First Cuts...dust collection and timing belt...Joe's Hybrid CNC Router

"http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=My3Ei-3cXO0"]YouTube - First MDF Cut! Joe's Hybrid CNC Router. Dust Collection System.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Joe's Hybrid - Xnaron's Build-cimg0879-res-jpg   Joe's Hybrid - Xnaron's Build-cimg0881-res-jpg   Joe's Hybrid - Xnaron's Build-cimg0884-res-jpg   Joe's Hybrid - Xnaron's Build-cimg0887-res-jpg  

Joe's Hybrid - Xnaron's Build-cimg0889-res-jpg  
    Last edited by Xnaron; 04-05-2009 at 11:50 PM.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Very nice! Very, very nice!!!

Downloads
    Uploads

Mpre pics...Got the table top and t-slot installed. Picked up a few clamps

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Joe's Hybrid - Xnaron's Build-cimg0891-res-jpg   Joe's Hybrid - Xnaron's Build-cimg0896-res-jpg   Joe's Hybrid - Xnaron's Build-cimg0898-res-jpg   Joe's Hybrid - Xnaron's Build-cimg0899-res-jpg  

Joe's Hybrid - Xnaron's Build-cimg0900-res-jpg   Joe's Hybrid - Xnaron's Build-cimg0901-res-jpg  

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast