Joe's Hybrid - Xnaron's Build - Page 2

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Joe's Hybrid - Xnaron's Build

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by grahamshere View Post
    Hey Paul, how come 120 ipm, What do you cut?
    What will you be cutting Brendin ? Hope I'll be the 5th to build but who knows.
    I'll be cutting mdf, hdpe, maybe aluminum, foam, sheet ply, and softwood composites. Where are you located Graham?

Downloads
    Uploads

Got my 8020 & t-nuts, stepper motors and power supply today.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Joe's Hybrid - Xnaron's Build-cimg0757-jpg   Joe's Hybrid - Xnaron's Build-cimg0758-jpg   Joe's Hybrid - Xnaron's Build-cimg0760-jpg  

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I'm in mission BC, 1.5 hrs east of Vancouver. Ya I guess cutting mdf, hdp and alum should be cut slow but the rest you can whip trough that like butter.
    So were did you get the 8020, how much did it cost you? So far I haven't seen any here and I hate ordering from the net, takes so dam long to receive things.
    Well looks like your gonna have fun. Graham

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hey Paul, how come 120 ipm, What do you cut?
    What will you be cutting Brendin ? Hope I'll be the 5th to build but who knows.
    Grahmshere,

This was my first build and I am fairly new to CNC, so I like to take things slow. 120ipm is not slow in my books either.

I cut Hardwood, Softwood, Plastics, MDF, Aluminum etc. of course these all require different feeds and speeds IMO.

It would be nice to have a few more Canadians in Joe's Hybrid Builders forums. Although Brendin is the 4th Canadian to start a build there are a few more that are active, have the plans but are not at a building stage or moving at the rate Brendin is. Looking forward to your possible build also.

Paul

Downloads
    Uploads

I'm in mission BC, 1.5 hrs east of Vancouver. Ya I guess cutting mdf, hdp and alum should be cut slow but the rest you can whip trough that like butter.
    So were did you get the 8020, how much did it cost you? So far I haven't seen any here and I hate ordering from the net, takes so dam long to receive things.
    Well looks like your gonna have fun. Graham
    I ordered my 8020 from ipec industrial in Ontario. They are one of two distributors for 8020 in Canada. The order came within 2 weeks and it was about the same or maybe a little less than if I ordered from 8020 in the US. Things have gotten here pretty quickly. I ordered the power supply and steppers last week I think.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hey Brendin did that little tiger come with the 8020 or the steppers? .

Wonder if there's an ipec in BC here. Was it expensive?. Paul I here ya about taking it slow, My little machine would fall apart if I pushed it to the limit I'm sure, I,ve done so many things to it now dont think it will ever be finished lol.

Downloads
    Uploads

Hey Brendin did that little tiger come with the 8020 or the steppers? .

Wonder if there's an ipec in BC here. Was it expensive?. Paul I here ya about taking it slow, My little machine would fall apart if I pushed it to the limit I'm sure, I,ve done so many things to it now dont think it will ever be finished lol.
    Your the second person to comment on the tiger... it's a dog toy. I pushed it out of the way but not far enough I guess

The other 8020 distributor is in BC.

Rocky Mountain Motion Control
    3063 - 275A St
    Aldergrove, BC V4W 3L4
    Canada
    Phone: 604-607-6443
    Fax: 604-607-7099

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Awesome, Thanks Brandin, there not too far from me. Hmmm wished I would have known that a few days ago, had to buy some alum rectangle tubing for my machine, I have to make alum brackets to put it together . Oh well still cool to know. Thanks again.

Downloads
    Uploads

All of my stuff is here except for the router mount. I found some heatsinks (for a computer cpu) that fit perfectly on the geckos.

Today I spent 8 hours drilling millions of holes in angle iron. I am done except for the 12" pieces for the z-zxis that I forgot to buy.

Also started the power supply. I am using an old PC case.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Joe's Hybrid - Xnaron's Build-cimg0757-jpg   Joe's Hybrid - Xnaron's Build-cimg0758-jpg   Joe's Hybrid - Xnaron's Build-cimg0760-jpg   Joe's Hybrid - Xnaron's Build-cimg0761-jpg  

Joe's Hybrid - Xnaron's Build-cimg0762-jpg   Joe's Hybrid - Xnaron's Build-cimg0768-jpg   Joe's Hybrid - Xnaron's Build-cimg0769-jpg   Joe's Hybrid - Xnaron's Build-cimg0771-jpg  

Joe's Hybrid - Xnaron's Build-cimg0772-jpg  

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Great machine!!! you will enjoy it

Bob

Downloads
    Uploads

Finshed the AC part of the power supply.

Left button Power ON
    Center light Power Light
    Right Button Power OFF

E-stop button is AC e-stop

I'm keeping the AC isolated in the drive cage. The antek supply will sit on the rails 2/3 up the case.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Joe's Hybrid - Xnaron's Build-cimg0773-jpg   Joe's Hybrid - Xnaron's Build-cimg0774-jpg   Joe's Hybrid - Xnaron's Build-cimg0777-jpg   Joe's Hybrid - Xnaron's Build-cimg0778-jpg  

Last edited by Xnaron; 03-03-2009 at 09:50 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads

Controller finished and tested...boy was it ever a good feeling to watch mach 3 turn all the steppers.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Joe's Hybrid - Xnaron's Build-cimg0783_small-jpg   Joe's Hybrid - Xnaron's Build-cimg0786_small-jpg   Joe's Hybrid - Xnaron's Build-cimg0787_small-jpg   Joe's Hybrid - Xnaron's Build-cimg0788_small-jpg  

Joe's Hybrid - Xnaron's Build-cimg0789_smal-jpg   Joe's Hybrid - Xnaron's Build-cimg0790_small-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

MDF and HDPE parts

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Joe's Hybrid - Xnaron's Build-cimg0791_small-jpg   Joe's Hybrid - Xnaron's Build-cimg0798-res-jpg   Joe's Hybrid - Xnaron's Build-cimg0799-res-jpg   Joe's Hybrid - Xnaron's Build-cimg0800-res-jpg  

Joe's Hybrid - Xnaron's Build-cimg0801-res-jpg   Joe's Hybrid - Xnaron's Build-cimg0802-res-jpg   Joe's Hybrid - Xnaron's Build-cimg0804-res-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

more pics

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Joe's Hybrid - Xnaron's Build-cimg0805-res-jpg   Joe's Hybrid - Xnaron's Build-cimg0806-res-jpg   Joe's Hybrid - Xnaron's Build-cimg0807-res-jpg   Joe's Hybrid - Xnaron's Build-cimg0808-res-jpg  

Joe's Hybrid - Xnaron's Build-cimg0809-res-jpg   Joe's Hybrid - Xnaron's Build-cimg0810-res-jpg   Joe's Hybrid - Xnaron's Build-cimg0811-res-jpg   Joe's Hybrid - Xnaron's Build-cimg0812-res-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Real nice job on the wiring. Gives me plenty of inspiration to tackle my own.

Downloads
    Uploads

Table pics

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Joe's Hybrid - Xnaron's Build-cimg0792-jpg   Joe's Hybrid - Xnaron's Build-cimg0794-jpg   Joe's Hybrid - Xnaron's Build-cimg0795-jpg   Joe's Hybrid - Xnaron's Build-cimg0796-jpg  

Joe's Hybrid - Xnaron's Build-cimg0797-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Wow! That is some beautiful wiring! Well Done!

CR.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by FandZ View Post
    Real nice job on the wiring. Gives me plenty of inspiration to tackle my own.
    Thanks...I took my time and thought it out. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. I was lucky and everything worked first try. I'll keep a watchful eye for pics of your controller

Downloads
    Uploads

I have to admit, I'm envious of your progress. I'm close to mounting my steppers on all 3 axis but finding the time and a the place to work has been a real pain for me. I live in a town house with no garage. Plus I 4 kids trying to mess with every tool I have...lol

My controller will be pretty simple. I have the g540 so with CR's guidance it should not be that big of a deal. I was going to mount it in my pc case but someone gave me an IBM P4 2.8ghz server to use for my cnc. There's not much room in there lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Xnaron View Post
    Thanks...I took my time and thought it out. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. I was lucky and everything worked first try. I'll keep a watchful eye for pics of your controller

Downloads
    Uploads

Got one of the Y-carriages on yesterday...

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Joe's Hybrid - Xnaron's Build-cimg0813-res-jpg   Joe's Hybrid - Xnaron's Build-cimg0814-res-jpg   Joe's Hybrid - Xnaron's Build-cimg0815-res-jpg   Joe's Hybrid - Xnaron's Build-cimg0816-res-jpg  

Joe's Hybrid - Xnaron's Build-cimg0817-res-jpg  

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast