Completed Work Pieces - Page 2

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Completed Work Pieces

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Here some peices I had fun cutting ,not finished but Joe suggested I put them here .

I have been playing again. I downloaded some of the 3-d puzzle,Here is some results. Please tell me If you see I put them together wrong ...the pieces fit so ....

http://www.cnczone.com/forums/showth...ght=3d+puzzles

These puzzles are fun . The flat spider is made for my friends daughter as you can see I made begineers mistake on the cut out off her name.. silly me

Some of the pieces tabs broke,yeah I made them to thin....
    learning curve .... well hope you all are having as much fun as I am .. Kent
    O'yeah the sheet spider is 22.5" X 48" incase your wondering

The rabbit and base is little over 6"

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Completed Work Pieces-flatspidey-jpg   Completed Work Pieces-smallspidey-fly-jpg   Completed Work Pieces-spidey-rabbit-jpg  

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Blew away the dust and got something carved

While checking out the work on vectric site I ran across a thread by CLyon
    William Morris Illustration http://vectric.com/forum/viewtopic.p...er=asc&start=0 I was really impressed with the piece of art he made from William Morris Illustration. So impressed I needed to have one for myself. So with the help of the internet and of course V-Carve. I was able to get this 11 x 17.5 .5V90 at 65 IPM 20 plunge right at about 3 hours ( V-Carve estimated almosts 5. So I planed on abit of work in the shop to keep me close by.Happy to say it ran great the whole time. I am not completely finished with the finish but had to post. I am pretty happy with this... One of the reasons I wanted build the router in the first place....

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Completed Work Pieces-lady-woods-1small-jpg   Completed Work Pieces-lady-woods-3-smaller-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Lady in the woods

Very nice, great work!!! I gotta try that when my mill is done!

Cheers
    dewalt58

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

That piece is absolutely stunning, I saw that over at the vectric forums as well. The longest vcarving tool path I ran was about an hour or so because the font I used was rather complex (bad if you want to call it that) as tony explained it to me. If I had used a better font it could have been a difference of saving half that time! Glad to see more people posting work photos, keep em' coming!

Downloads
    Uploads

In regards to the picture "Lady in the woods", which V-carve version was used to make carving? Photo V-Carve? V-Carve Pro?

Cheers
    dewalt58

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Howdy Dewalt, I used V-Carve version 4 I believe.. Latest and greatest I suppose I will try posting the CRV file had to post as zip . please look it over well I made few changes to carve it i.e. flip X and Y demension due router setup and its hard to work side ways in vcarve opps it failed o'well its easy enough just load to vcarve and use the trace function piece of cake ..

Last edited by calgrdnr; 09-17-2007 at 12:37 AM. Reason: Zip file wont upload and I am tired :)

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

One I cut tonight...

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Completed Work Pieces-pennstate-jpg  

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Nice one biotech

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by calgrdnr View Post
    While checking out the work on vectric site I ran across a thread by CLyon
    William Morris Illustration http://vectric.com/forum/viewtopic.p...er=asc&start=0 I was really impressed with the piece of art he made from William Morris Illustration. So impressed I needed to have one for myself. So with the help of the internet and of course V-Carve. I was able to get this 11 x 17.5 .5V90 at 65 IPM 20 plunge right at about 3 hours ( V-Carve estimated almosts 5. So I planed on abit of work in the shop to keep me close by.Happy to say it ran great the whole time. I am not completely finished with the finish but had to post. I am pretty happy with this... One of the reasons I wanted build the router in the first place....

That did come out very nice, I think yours looks slightly better than the other one, but thats just my opinion, (wonder what machine he runs if it is a commercial one). But your machine did a great job.

Joe

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks Joe. I wouldn't go as far as say better . I think the darkness of the stain I used makes it pop out more. I couldn't have got it to look as does without Chris's procedure he was kind enough to share with who wants to read it. and nothing against CLyons camera skill ,But I think my picture is more infocus and not as extreme of an angle . I was real happy the router just went along it merry ol'way.
    Kent

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by calgrdnr View Post
    Thanks Joe. I wouldn't go as far as say better . I think the darkness of the stain I used makes it pop out more. I couldn't have got it to look as does without Chris's procedure he was kind enough to share with who wants to read it. and nothing against CLyons camera skill ,But I think my picture is more infocus and not as extreme of an angle . I was real happy the router just went along it merry ol'way.
    Kent

Ok i can see what you are talking about, a good camera goes a long way. but still for your homebuilt machine and the V-Carve Pro software, it came out great and looking forward to seeing more of your work. pretty soon you will have a "Wood Art Gallary" and people will come miles to see your work....

Joe

Downloads
    Uploads

That is some great work!

Quote Originally Posted by bp092 View Post
    Been busy, but finally getting back to cnc. Joe's design is still running strong. Even despite problems I've had the machine is great and the work created with it is a result of hours of tinkering, making enough mistakes, teaching myself to program cad/cam all that, and joe's (and cnczone's) support for his design. Thanks for putting up with all my nagging in the past few months.

This is just a sample, wish I shot pics of everything. Mostly for friends.

Robbie

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Downloads
    Uploads

Thought I would share since there hasn't been too much going on in the thread as of late.

Wish my pics were better, but my digi seemed to grow legs and I can't find it (so the cell phone camera will have to suffice for the time being).

These are some test cuts for a final press of the final board - a good friend of mine and myself have a company that creates balance boards/long boards/wakeskates/wakesurf boards. If anyone is curious, the website is www.neustonboards.com (shameless plug, sorry, I HAD to )

Here is an abstract Marley photo (colored with Permanent markers for the proto ) and a honey comb design we're going to go with on a few new boards :rainfro:

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Completed Work Pieces-marley2-jpg   Completed Work Pieces-hc2-jpg  
    www.NeustonBoards.com
    Mike

Downloads
    Uploads

Here's a MN state emblem board that I just did - and messed up in a few parts (I think I need to take a jumper off of my HobbyCNC board - the machine seems to miss steps in a long job, but is locking/binding up at random places (and it's always the Z-axis). So hopefully that remedies the situation

So the MN board had to be filled with Durham's putty in areas, but will be a great promo board once it is fully painted and sealed.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Completed Work Pieces-img_1422-jpg   Completed Work Pieces-img_1426-jpg   Completed Work Pieces-img_1427-jpg   Completed Work Pieces-img_1430-jpg  

Last edited by Sinkoumn; 06-10-2008 at 12:35 AM.
    www.NeustonBoards.com
    Mike

Downloads
    Uploads

nice looking boards.

Downloads
    Uploads

Figured I'd keep the thread kicking, here's a few more boards that I managed to get some pictures of before shipping. :rainfro:

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Completed Work Pieces-shane-037-2-jpg   Completed Work Pieces-shane-040-2-jpg   Completed Work Pieces-phot0187-jpg  
    www.NeustonBoards.com
    Mike

Downloads
    Uploads

Another

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Completed Work Pieces-neuston-jpg  
    www.NeustonBoards.com
    Mike

Downloads
    Uploads

New custom longboard cutout

Mike