Anxious To Build Joes CNC

Thread: Anxious To Build Joes CNC

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Smile Anxious To Build Joes CNC

Hi
    I am new to the forum and anxious to build this Joes great look CNC machine. After thinking about it a short time I have decided to hand make the parts. I have down loaded the DWG drawings and have added the dimension so I can cut out all the parts. With Joes permission I have uploaded the drawing they are in DWG & DXF format for those how needs them. If anyone has any question about the drawings please leave a post. As I progress with this project I will have a lot of question especially about the wiring & calibration cense I have little knowledge with that part of the build. I will also be looking forwarded to the comments from everyone. Cutting the parts out may take some time before the build & posting of any question & pictures.

Thanks in advance

Similar Threads:
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Post1952; 05-19-2007 at 09:36 PM.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks for taking the time and going to the trouble Post. :-)

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Post1952 View Post
    Hi
    I am new to the forum and anxious to build this Joes great look CNC machine. After thinking about it a short time I have decided to hand make the parts. I have down loaded the DWG drawings and have added the dimension so I can cut out all the parts. With Joe's permission I have uploaded the drawing they are in DWG & DXF format for those how needs them. If anyone has any question about the drawings please leave a post. As I progress with this project I will have a lot of question especially about the wiring & calibration cense I have little knowledge with that part of the build. I will also be looking forwarded to the comments from everyone. Cutting the parts out may take some time before the build & posting of any question & pictures.

Thanks in advance
    I too am going to make the parts myself. As much as I would like to just buy a kit from Joe to show my appreciation for all he has done I just can't right now.
    I would like to say thanks to Joe for the great design and thanks to you for the dimensioned drawing. My only question would be the depth of all the routes that do not go all the way through. But I don't want you to have to go through all that trouble to get them. I will try to get them myself. If I get them before the next person does I would be more then happy to post a updated drawing with this added to it. But of course I would need Joe's permission. But any ways Thanks to the both of you.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Post1952

Quote Originally Posted by Tashammer View Post
    Thanks for taking the time and going to the trouble Post. :-)
    The real thanks goes to Joe it is all that i can do cense he created this great looking machine.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Well after looking at the DWG a little more I see the depth's in there so never mind my question.

Thanks

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewN View Post
    Well after looking at the DWG a little more I see the depth's in there so never mind my question.

Thanks
    Hi AndrewN
    Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner on the depth's, in Joes original drawings the depth was not in them. I have added that part to the drawings, that is how I am going to grove them. I am open for suggestions.
    Post1952

Downloads
    Uploads

the parts you show are of 3/4" MDF most the parts i have are 1/2" mdf and the stepdown will need adjusting accordingly. i.e. the router end pieces, are pocketed .25 for the 1/2" MDF.

Joe

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by joe2000che View Post
    the parts you show are of 3/4" MDF most the parts i have are 1/2" mdf and the stepdown will need adjusting accordingly. i.e. the router end pieces, are pocketed .25 for the 1/2" MDF.

Joe
    Correct me if I'm wrong but the depth of the routes will not change just the thickness of the panel right? If that is the case then all will need to do is change the thickness in the CNC when I machine out the parts.

Downloads
    Uploads

If you can import the stl files i provide you will be able to get all the diminsions for every part, these files were generated right out of solidworks.

Joe

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

If you can import the stl files i provide you will be able to get all the diminsions for every part, these files were generated right out of solidworks.

Joe

IF there's going to be confusion with the dimension that I have added to the drawings. I will remove the files and the post from the site. I didn't realize that you had file out there that had dimension. I will try and figure out how to import to AutoCAD. If you have any suggestion I sure can use the help.

Downloads
    Uploads

I will practice with them and see what i can do also.

joe

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Wow.. sure seems to be a touchie subject. I'll not ask any more questions. Thanks for the help.

Downloads
    Uploads

No problem on the files, we will get them corrected, and will have a set of plans for people to follow, i apriciate your efferts to make diminsion available to everyone, its just that i really did not have time to do it, and asked for people to stepup and make some diminsional plans, and that is exactly what you did, we just need to tweek them then it will all be good...

I do not believe it is a touch subject, he just want to make sure no one had the wrong diminsions and starts to use it and then find out there is a change. I would also prob. take them off and repost when we have them finalized...

Thanks for all your hard work, to help with this DIY community, that goes for everyone here, we have a great section and also a great Mod section for the basic machine.

Joe

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default DWG drawings

I know what the objects are on the right of the drawing but what are the parts on the far left hand side. And What are the rectangular parts next to the router holder in the middle?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by dshowalt View Post
    I know what the objects are on the right of the drawing but what are the parts on the far left hand side. And What are the rectangular parts next to the router holder in the middle?
    The parts to the far left are the CNC Router Base piece's. The parts beside the router holder parts ( the HDPE Plastic parts ) is the Gantry Top and Bottom plates.

Note: You may want to email Post1952 for a updated drawing.
    Hope this helps!

Andrew

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Joe
    Joe I have updated and corrected the dimension on my first post. Before I can even begain cutting out the parts I would first need to make sure all the dimension are correct. Thanks for that bit of information.

Downloads
    Uploads

If you want to e-mail then to me i will take a look.

Joe

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I have updated and corrected the dimension on my first post. Before I can even begain cutting out the parts I would first need to make sure all the dimension are correct. Thanks for that bit of information.

Attached Files Attached Files