Joes CNC Allendale, MI - Page 2

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Joes CNC Allendale, MI

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Rick,

Her address is actually Walker, but it's right on the edge. She's is and has been a student, but she loves it there and has made it her home.

The pics are great! Nice work! I'm hoping to see it cutting soon!

Jim

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hey,
    Looking good there cousin! Just had time to check out the thread. Still looking for the handle for you. Maybe today when I get caught up a bit.

The material with the blue core in the photos tha Joe was asking about is King Color Core. Made by King Plastics. Nearly the same properties as HDPE. Comes in solid colors as King Color, and used on boats as King Starboard for decking on high end boats. Cost is higher than HDPE, unless you are like me and have some around left over, and rdhharm is your cousin so..........

The color core is great to make signs with, very tough stuff, and lasts many many years.

Oh, Cuz, ready for some black pvc yet? Have some left over in black and white, been saving the scrap for you.
    Mark

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by letterguy View Post
    Hey,
    Looking good there cousin! Just had time to check out the thread. Still looking for the handle for you. Maybe today when I get caught up a bit.

The material with the blue core in the photos tha Joe was asking about is King Color Core. Made by King Plastics. Nearly the same properties as HDPE. Comes in solid colors as King Color, and used on boats as King Starboard for decking on high end boats. Cost is higher than HDPE, unless you are like me and have some around left over, and rdhharm is your cousin so..........

The color core is great to make signs with, very tough stuff, and lasts many many years.

Oh, Cuz, ready for some black pvc yet? Have some left over in black and white, been saving the scrap for you.
    Mark

Hey, Mark how are you? Glad to see you here since I can not get you to answer voice mail LOL!!!!

Sure I am ready for for the pvc when can you bring it LOL!!!

Rick

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Smile

Well my machine now has a brain. I have a little bit of tuning to do just to make sure that the software and the machine are on the same page.

A few picture of my controller. The first pic is the way the found that helped me keep the parts in order so I did not solder the wrong part it the wrong place on the board it worked except for two parts. So I had to remove them and put them on the board in their right homes to make the board work right go figure. The rest of the pic are of the work in process to where it is now. The next thing to do is the home and limit switches.

Getting there I guess I will be making saw dust very soon.

Rick

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Joes CNC Allendale, MI-pdrm0069-jpg   Joes CNC Allendale, MI-3-jpg   Joes CNC Allendale, MI-4-jpg   Joes CNC Allendale, MI-5-jpg  

Joes CNC Allendale, MI-1-jpg   Joes CNC Allendale, MI-6-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Very nice setup, I like the diamond plate toolbox.

Joe

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by joe2000che View Post
    Very nice setup, I like the diamond plate toolbox.

Joe
    Thanks, Joe
    The space at the top is for a piece of fillter material that can be cut to size it looks like padding to help with dust control.

Rick

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

The diamond plate is very cool!

Can't wait to see it cutting. I'm going to be in the area in a few weeks, maybe we can chat?

Jim

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by jjones View Post
    The diamond plate is very cool!

Can't wait to see it cutting. I'm going to be in the area in a few weeks, maybe we can chat?

Jim
    Sure just PM me and we can exchange numbers and would be glad to show you my machine.

Rick

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by rdhharm View Post
    Hey, Mark how are you? Glad to see you here since I can not get you to answer voice mail LOL!!!!

Sure I am ready for for the pvc when can you bring it LOL!!!

Rick
    Hey, I answer all the important calls! LOL.
    Let me know what you need. I will see that you get it.
    Pics look very good! You always seem to do a great job on all your projects.
    Should be obvious to everyone that sees your posts.
    Mark

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Rick,

Your machine looks great! I also like the use fo the diamond plate, pretty fancy!

Figure you'll be cutting this weekend?

Bob

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by ccsparky View Post
    Rick,

Your machine looks great! I also like the use fo the diamond plate, pretty fancy!

Figure you'll be cutting this weekend?

Bob
    Thanks, Bob with any luck I sure hope so, so much to do with so little time I will not turn it on until I am 100% sure that it is right and I will not hurt someone.

Joe, I have a question I believe that you are using Mach3 with hobby CNC board can you tell me where your setting are for your stepper motors in the Mach3 config section (motor tuning). Steps per inch, Velocity, Acceleration I have mine where I think they should be but I would like to check with the pro since this is all new to me and I am on a learning curve. Steps is easy with the auto config on the setup screen but the other would really help.

Thanks, Rick

Downloads
    Uploads

I use 16,000 steps, vel.= 80 and accel.= 20

steps per = 200steps x 10tpi x (microstepping) i am using 1/8 step but i see no difference really between 1/2 1/4 and 1/8.

Joe

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks, Joe as always you are Johnny on the spot.

Thanks, Rick

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I posted these on PhillyCyberJoe build log so I though I would put them in mine also.This is how I turned my pipes to shine them up.

Rick

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Joes CNC Allendale, MI-7-jpg   Joes CNC Allendale, MI-8-jpg   Joes CNC Allendale, MI-13-jpg  

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Holy $%^&! Rick, you are a god!

I've been scratching my head on how to get a 60" pipe in my smithy!

Jim

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I posted these on PhillyCyberJoe build log so I though I would put them in mine also.This is how I turned my pipes to shine them up.
    Rick
    Well when I actually get around to getting my machine built (only have 2 pieces cut) I will definitely remember to use this setup to clean up my rails.

PS are you going to make try and make some parts for the T-Maxx I see in the first pic?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by silentreaper View Post
    Well when I actually get around to getting my machine built (only have 2 pieces cut) I will definitely remember to use this setup to clean up my rails.

PS are you going to make try and make some parts for the T-Maxx I see in the first pic?
    You know I didn't think of that, I may have look into maybe trying that someday just don't tell my son that this machine can cut part for the T-Maxx or that is all he will be trying to do.

Rick

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

You know I didn't think of that, I may have look into maybe trying that someday just don't tell my son that this machine can cut part for the T-Maxx or that is all he will be trying to do.

Rick
    You know that isn't what I'll be doing...

But I do need a new chair

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thumbs up All most cutting

Well I found time to work on my machine I told my self that it will be cutting something by the end of the weekend I think I am there.
    I have the home & limit switches installed and wired into the controller. And programmed in Mach3 and all work great but been new to this it took me a lot longer than I though it would and a lot of time watching Mach3 videos on setup of homing & limits.

The pictures are of how and where I installed my switches.
    1st is the Z homing switch.
    2nd is how I got my Z to trip the switch.
    3rd is Y homing & limit and how I got it to trip and where I installed them.

Rick

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Joes CNC Allendale, MI-14-jpg   Joes CNC Allendale, MI-15-jpg   Joes CNC Allendale, MI-16-jpg  

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Well I found time to work on my machine I told my self that it will be cutting something by the end of the weekend I think I am there.
    I have the home & limit switches installed and wired into the controller. And programmed in Mach3 and all work great but been new to this it took me a lot longer than I though it would and a lot of time watching Mach3 videos on setup of homing & limits.

The pictures are of how and where I installed my switches.
    1st is the Z homing switch.
    2nd is how I got my Z to trip the switch.
    3rd is Y homing & limit and how I got it to trip and where I installed them.

Rick
    Rick,

Looking good! So we should be seeing some cutting going on real soon!
    The blue adds a nice touch to the color scheme.

One thing, on the gantry side supports it looks like you have two splits, one above the right screw and one below the left screw in the third picture????

Bob

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast