Need Help! Some problems when cutting - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Some problems when cutting

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Some problems when cutting

Quote Originally Posted by inicdam View Post
    Hey! The step per in mach3 is correct since if I make a square of 10x10 cm and run the code, the square measures are correct. I also used Mach3 tool that sets the "steps per" for you and gave me a similar number to what I have set it to.
    I used Lazycam to reduce the given code to 25% (or so) but got the same results as my first post.

I am afraid I don't agree with what you say about MDF CNCs, because Joe made this same model out of MDF and got good results. I probably didn't because I had to make some adaptations to the files provided by Joe due to the fact that some materiales where imposible for me to get in my country

There is 1 AB nuts on each axis plus the lovejoy has a screw to tighten it to the leadscrew.
    Well, OK, in that case nothing wrong with your machine, and mine should be fixed... Why don't you ask "Joe", whoever he is.

BTW, I don't know Lazycam, I don't use it. The circles are generated in a real CAD software and after that the DXF file was converted to G-code, using the same process I am using for the things I make. So, if I say those circles are of the right size then they are DEFINITELY the right size, no doubt about that.

https://www.youtube.com/c/AdaptingCamera/videos
    https://adapting-camera.blogspot.com

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by A_Camera View Post
    Well, OK, in that case nothing wrong with your machine, and mine should be fixed... Why don't you ask "Joe", whoever he is.

BTW, I don't know Lazycam, I don't use it. The circles are generated in a real CAD software and after that the DXF file was converted to G-code, using the same process I am using for the things I make. So, if I say those circles are of the right size then they are DEFINITELY the right size, no doubt about that.
    I didn't mean to offend you, I just stated my opinion just like you did. Also, I dont see why saying what I think makes your machine wrong and mine right...

If you want to know who Joe is, then maybe you should check the first word in this subforum's name and then some of the threads posted in it and you will see that Joe and a lot of users from this subforum made their CNC out of MDF and got good results.

Downloads
    Uploads

I didn't mean to offend you,
    Don't worry. You have not offended me at all.

I just stated my opinion just like you did. Also, I dont see why saying what I think makes your machine wrong and mine right...
    The thing is that it is NOT a matter of opinion, because facts are just facts, not opinion. The first code is G21, which should set your machine to mm and result in NOTHING larger than 80mm circle. You are saying that:

I loaded the code you gave me but it measures 80 x 80 cm (bigger than my cutting area)
    ...which means that there is something wrong with YOUR machine. There is no cm unit in Mach3, it can be set to inches or millimetres only. So how you make 80 units after G21 to 80 cm is behind my understanding, but the code I have given you is NOT the problem. Sorry if you can't see that, and like I said, it is not a matter of opinion. I do believe that the code gives you something which is 10 times larger than it needs to be, but in that case, my guess is that in this case you have calculated the "steps per" value wrongly, or set the driver up wrongly. I can not think of something else, but there is perhaps another way of multiplying by 10. I don't know why do you use LazyCam. I don't use that software and as far as I know, it is pretty buggy. I have no idea why you need to reduce my code to 25%, since that should give you 20mm size for the largest circle.

The other thing I said was that in my opinion, ignore all milling of circles until you can make straight lines. Run the world's simplest G code to see if it results in straight lines and a square or not.

G21
    G0 X0 Y0 Z0
    S18000
    M3
    G1 Z-2 F300
    F3000
    G1 X100
    G1 Y100
    G1 X0
    G1 Y0
    G0 Z10
    M5
    M30

The above will generate a 100 x 100 mm square. Don't change the code, don't input it into LazyCam, just paste it a file, save it and open it in Mach3 as it is. If it generates a 100 x 100 cm square than find out first WHY and remove the 10x multiplier so that the code generates a 100 x 100 MILLIMETRE size. Once that is right and you can measure the size and see the shape as it supposed to be, you can continue with more complex shapes. It is pointless to make circles before the machine is squared, backlash removed (or at least compensated for) and the axes are fixed and have a good enough repeatability.

If you want to know who Joe is, then maybe you should check the first word in this subforum's name and then some of the threads posted in it and you will see that Joe and a lot of users from this subforum made their CNC out of MDF and got good results.
    No, I am not very interested in knowing "Joe", I just meant that it seems that he is pretty quiet, at least in this thread, and the people who were trying to help you is Gerry and I and two other people, but Joe is not here. If he sold you this machine he should help you out, but if he is absent you should be happy that some other people are engaged and trying to fix YOUR problems, which you obviously have.

I know that there are MDF machines, and I can't say much about them, other then I don't believe in the material for this purpose, that's all. Sorry.

BTW,

Here is an online G code simulator, if you want to check your codes:

https://nraynaud.github.io/webgcode/

You can also post your code here, I can put it in my Mach3 and see what it does, if you want.

https://www.youtube.com/c/AdaptingCamera/videos
    https://adapting-camera.blogspot.com

Downloads
    Uploads

.Did you try my code sir? you can directly load it to MACH 3 and run it, no need to load it in lazyCAM >>> Circle Test Cut http://www.mediafire.com/file/5i0ea7o8m7yu4ro/Circle.nc

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12