Newbie Which is currently the "best"?

Thread: Which is currently the "best"?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Which is currently the "best"?

I'm a newbie to everything CNC. I did a little G-code writing long ago in a senior design class in college, but that was in 1974--when Basic was still in use. I'd really like to build a 4X4 sized router for use in building large scale model airplanes and gliders. I've seen quite a bit about Joe's 4X4 hybrid machine, and been to his website several times. My question is what is the current generation of Joe's machine. I see some comments about R&P and lead screw machines, as well as "all metal" versions. I don't know how to contact Joe directly, so thought I'd ask a question here and ask for some education onn where Joe's designs are today. HELP!!

Larry Fitch
    West Richland, WA

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Which is currently the "best"?

Larry,

I really hope you have been able to talk to someone to someone about Joe's CNC. I built the latest version of Joe's CNC, the Evolution. I have no experience at all with CNC's and our local Hackerspace in Cincinnati built it with little to no problems after we figured out our electronics were bad. I'd highly recommend you check it out and buy access to his private forum for $100 (joescnc.com). The money you spend on the access is more than worth it even if you don't build one of his CNC's.