Joes CNC Model 2006 R-1 - Page 11

Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Joes CNC Model 2006 R-1

Downloads
    Uploads

they are just butted against each other in a stagering configuration. (joints stagered)

Joe

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks for all the quick replies so far, its a great help.
    I'm about to start making cuts for the X Axis Torsion box, and was wondering how long did it take you to cut out the parts and assemble the X Axis (or the whole machine).

I am doing this for a school project, so I have a deadline and time is of the most importance.

Downloads
    Uploads

Hey,
    I'm beginning to start cutting out parts for the X axis torsion, however, some parts are too long to be cut. The CNC I am using has a travel of 30.5" (y) x 34" (x).

The X Torsion Box Long Run Brace (1) calls for the cutting out of a part 41.67" in length, so what procedure/method should I use to cut out the longer piece?

In more simple terms, how does one cut out a part that is longer than the travel of the CNC?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Joe broke the long ribs in half and joined them together, you literally have to glue them up and he puts a joint on top of them so its fully stacked together and can't easily break apart. See in my photo here...

You should see that in the drawings. Just glue it together sand a tad and you're on your way. Without looking at the drawings that one side of the part to be glued up may be the 41" long one; and as you're cutting area is max 34" you cannot do it. You can however do one of two things.

A. have joe cut the long parts for you and ship them to you (probably the easiest and fairly cheap way)

B. cut it by hand and use the shapes and lines of the other parts as a template. Cut them close with a jig saw leaving about a 1/16th and trimming them up with a flush trim bit. Should be easy to manipulate some of your other parts to get that. Just rip a long piece the exact width and length and go for it.

Hope that makes sense!

Downloads
    Uploads

Yes make three short ones to equal the overall length, then use as brian said, as a templete with a trim router and cut out 4 of them.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi,

excellent design joe. Im in the UK and wondered if there is anyone who has been setup to produce the kits. If not can anyone produce a kit for someone in the Nottinghamshire area.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

hey joe can you send me the plans and a materials/ cutting list if you have one thanks alot. mini-number1@hotmail.com

Downloads
    Uploads

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/joescnc

here for download.

Joe

Downloads
    Uploads

Joe-

I'm still working on creating those plans for the machine. This is a really busy week for me, so I should have them done by Monday. I hope they turn out well.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Joe, I have looked for some time and find your approach and plans best fit my needs. However, I do not have access to equipment to cut the machine. I am interested in the cut kit. Please advise. Thanks, Len

Downloads
    Uploads

Joe, do you have dxf or dwg files of it all put together. All of the files are of individule parts but nothing of it all put together. Looking for top, left, right, bottom views.

Downloads
    Uploads

Download the e-drawing, or the sketchup drawing, this is the machine in 3d

Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 ... LastLast