New Machine Build Joe's CNC 4x4 Evolution 1.0 - Page 5

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: Joe's CNC 4x4 Evolution 1.0

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Joe's CNC 4x4 Evolution 1.0

Quote Originally Posted by frunple View Post
    Joe, Sent you a PM but didn't get a reply... Are you still selling the aluminum plates and bearing adjusters for the Evo?
    Yes I am, Can you resend or forward the email?

Thanks

Edit: Sorry it was a message here, Its better to send me email, But I just responded to your PM.

Thanks,
    Joe

www.joescnc.com
    joecnc2006 at yahoo

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Joe
    Im considering buying your 4x4 plans, however i have a question. with the plans do you supply a cad drawing? or cnc cutting file for the parts as I have acces to a cnc service here to cut out the parts? this would speed up the build.

Thanks
    Mac

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Macwood View Post
    Hi Joe
    Im considering buying your 4x4 plans, however i have a question. with the plans do you supply a cad drawing? or cnc cutting file for the parts as I have acces to a cnc service here to cut out the parts? this would speed up the build.

Thanks
    Mac

In my forums once you have access there are template files to download.

Thanks,
    Joe

www.joescnc.com
    joecnc2006 at yahoo

Downloads
    Uploads

I'm curious how the base top is secured to the base stands on the EVO?? Is it bolted? Is there enough room to clear the bolt heads on the v bearings?

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by frunple View Post
    I'm curious how the base top is secured to the base stands on the EVO?? Is it bolted? Is there enough room to clear the bolt heads on the v bearings?
    It is bolted, and shown in my forums and plan drawing.

Thanks,
    Joe

www.joescnc.com
    joecnc2006 at yahoo

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Evolution

Howdy Joe-
    I purchased the plans earlier today.
    I have decided to build the Evolution.
    Can you tell me what size is the evoulution model in the video ??
    I would like to build something capable of handeling a 4 ft by 4 ft sheet of plywood.
    So does that mean I need to build it 50" x 50" ??

Now the real question is what paint scheme to go with.
    I am thinking since I am a Texan, I may have to come up with a red, white, and blue ...........................

Thanks
    Super Dave
    Big Kahuna Woodworks.

Super Dave
    Big Kahuna Woodworks

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Bonjours tous le monde
    je suis nouveau sur ce forum ,je suis de l ile de la REUNION dans l océan INDIEN , bien loin de chez vous , voila , j ai un projet de monter ma propre cnc , j ai fait pas mal de forum sur le sujet et pas mal de videos,celui qui ma interpeller est celui de JOE la CNC 4X4 EVO , je la trouve super interessante , pour ce que j ai a faire .je commence juste a rassembler les piéces pour la construire , faut dire que sur l ile dur dur de trouver du matos,faut les commander
    j aimerais savoir si JOE pourrais me dire le prix du plans pour son The Evolution Kit Joe's CNC 4x4 Evolution 1.0-353995253-jpg , ça serait super , comme ça je pourrais les usiner directement , ici , ça m'évite d attendre trop longtemps , vu la distance qui nous separe
    merci d avance
    CORDIALEMENT

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Joe's CNC 4x4 Evolution 1.0-carriage-plates-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

I was just about ready to design my first 4' x 4' router, something that'll suit my needs. However, going through these posts / pictures, it seems this design is very close to what I want, the plans might be a good investment.

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Joe. I sent you an email but wanted to post here as well.

I love the design you have come up with for the Evolution machine.

Before I go ahead and purchase the plans, I do have a couple questions I’m hoping you can answer for me…

1. Is the Z travel height able to be increased to 12” without issues with deflection?
    2. Do the plans include the CAD files (or better still the G-Code) for the EVO Kit aluminum parts so I can get them made locally?
    3. How much would the shipping be on the kit (with the milled slots) be to my address below in Canada if I can’t easily get them made here?
    4. Are you able to estimate (I know it will vary, but I need a good idea to sell my wife - &#128522 on what a build would likely cost (USD is ok)? I’m sure I could find discussions on this in the forums once I purchase the kit, but that may be putting the cart before the horse.
    5. How difficult would it be to add an additional head onto the Z axis to do edge drilling (horizontal that would come up above the bottom of the gantry when routing) and to add an additional setup with a lathe across the end of the table to do round carvings, etc.…

My ideal setup would be to build a 5 x 10 table with the above two features so I’m able to do those things and have room for the travel with a full 4x8 sheet of MDF on it.

Looking forward to your reply and hopefully being able to start this project very soon.

Thanks in advance.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Is Joe still active? I shot him an email, but have yet to see a response come back :-/

@Lotus What program are you using to do your design?

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345