Joe's CNC Model 2006 - Page 84

Page 84 of 88 FirstFirst ... 347481828384858687 ... LastLast
Results 1,661 to 1,680 of 1745

Thread: Joe's CNC Model 2006

Downloads
    Uploads

GREAT! Thanks Joe! That helps a LOT!

As near as I can tell, the free version of the SolidWorks eViewer won't support using the "Measure" tool..... I didn't spend too much time on their website, but that appears to be the answer to my previous question...

With the info that Joe provided, I can finish the programming, and start cutting parts for my friend....

Thanks again! (And Happy Holidays to everyone on the CNC Zone!)

-Taylor

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default I'm tired now!!!

Ok, I sat and read all 1661 posts in this thread, took a couple of days. A lot of great information that confirms my choice to build a 2006. I started on November 1, 09 with importing the different DXF's into Cut2d and then cutting all of the parts (including the long braces in one piece) with the 18"X22" router that I built in Jan this year. I didn't use any plastic in my build, it's all MDF so I had to redesign a few parts to that end.

Had the 2006 running by Thanksgiving but not happy with the 1/2-10 1 starts and upgraded to the 5 starts w/DumsterCNC nuts a week later. Mine runs as designed and is a real testiment to the great effort that Joe put into it, Thank you!!!

I'm running the HobbyCNC Proboard 4 axis w/the 305 motors and Mach3.

Joe, as a side note I see that you mentioned Russellville, Al. When were you there? I lived in Sheffield in an earlier life. In fact I looked into opening an FBO at the Russellville airport.

Fatboy (not really)

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by ger21 View Post
    I think you can measure them in the free Solidworks viewer, if you download the Solidworks model.
    That is correct, exactly what I did along with printing out all the drawings and putting them in a 3-ring binder. Then I went through and added all the information for each drawing and notes on how I needed to cut the parts.

Happy Holidays,
    Fatboy

Downloads
    Uploads

I'd love to know how you measured anything with the free eViewer. I've tried and tried to get the "Measure" item, under the "Tools" menu to show up as anything other than grayed out..... No luck!

Happy Holidays!

-Taylor

Downloads
    Uploads

Perhaps it's a different version of the e viewer?

Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html[/URL]

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html[/URL]

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    [URL]http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html[/URL]

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by TCGliderguy View Post
    I'd love to know how you measured anything with the free eViewer. I've tried and tried to get the "Measure" item, under the "Tools" menu to show up as anything other than grayed out..... No luck!

Happy Holidays!

-Taylor
    Taylor,
    Look in the 10/23/2009 2006_R2 zip file and find the R2EASM.Default file that's 442kb.
    Double click and wait for EDrawings viewer to open. You should see a rendering of the completed router.

Click on the "Components" button on the left side of the screen (just below the blue "Previous" button.
    This will open a vertical window with all the components and sub components listed. Clicking a + will show the sub components.

Find the part that you need to measure, when you click on it the part will be painted for it's location in the rendering in the main window.
    Use "Rotate", "Pan", & "Zoom" buttons to find the area that you need to measure.

Now click on "Measure" which will open a vertical window on the left side, THEN click on "Activate Measure" at the top of that window. For a pocket depth select "Edge" from the four buttons.

Place the cursor on the surface of the part at the edge of the pocket, then hold down the left mouse button and slide over to the bottom of the pocket which should produce a red line. Read the depth over in the Measure window in the "Results" box.

I know this works as I just did it to be able to post this info

Note: I did not register the viewer, I keep hitting the "Register Later" box everytime that I open it.

Now that I think about it, I also used Google Sketch-up to measure things.
    That also works good for things that are difficult in Edrawing Viewer.
    Plus with S-U you can zoom right inside the assemblies and look around/ measure things. (Like a mouse with a ruler).

Hope that this helps! If not I'll be up late.
    Good Luck and Happy Holidays
    (Un) Fatboy

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by ger21 View Post
    Perhaps it's a different version of the e viewer?
    I'm using version 9.2.0.128 which I downloaded in October right after I found the 10/23/2009 upload that Joe did here. I had already down loaded the earlier files but couldn't get motivated.
    In fact the information that I was able to decipher from the later down load pushed me into attempting a test cut of the Y carriage parts. After that turned out successful I just kept on cutting parts till I had a pile and ran out of things to do. So while I painted it all I waited for the hardware and worried about where I would assemble this monster. Two weeks later it made it's first cut. Now it's tuned up with the 5 starts and I can't think of anything that I would like to cut...go figure.

Have a good one,
    Fatboy

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Joe's Original or Joe's Hybrid??

I'm wanting to build a quality CNC. I don't want to spend more than I need to but I still want a very good quality machine when I'm done and to not wish I had gone another direction
    I'm contemplating either Joe's Original and Joe's Hybrid. The Original kit is about $250 more but the Hybrid requires extruded aluminum which may end up costing more, but how much more?
    I have been provided an estimate of $2500, excluding software, for a Hybrid machine but that included rack and pinion drive rather than acme screw drive.
    My initial estimates for the Joe's Original put me somewhere around $1600 including software.
    I would appreciate any Input and/or Suggestions.
    Rick

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

build the hybird. I built em both.. The hybrid is the one. It was a few more bux but it does 100 times what the 2006 cna do.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

One of my friends refer me to this forum and I really enjoyed it

Sohail

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Depth and cutting speed

Hi

I am amazed by this machine. At what cutting speed (mm/min) and what cutting depth can this machine operate when cutting MDF? I imagine tolerances to be fairly big, what is acceptable for a machine of this type, 0.1mm?

Cheers

Piet

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Unhappy about Joes forum

This is not a bad machine but, but joes forum has really gone down hill in my eyes. I'm sad to say that things have really gotten sad over there. People have been kick off, Rights have been taken away from some and not others, he is even blocking statistics of how many people have joined. I believe he's afraid to let others see these statistics for some weird reason. I'm so sad about it, I only go there once in a great while, anymore. It use to be my highlight of the day to see how everyone is doing on their build. But not anymore :-( it's just so, When I do make it in there I do not see the support that use to be there. Yes, people are helping from time to time but no where near like it was before. Anyway just I feel I needed to say this.

I do have to say that I'm happy with the machine though and that I would recommend it. Just wish the support was there still.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by rfeatherhawk View Post
    This is not a bad machine but, but joes forum has really gone down hill in my eyes. I'm sad to say that things have really gotten sad over there. People have been kick off, Rights have been taken away from some and not others, he is even blocking statistics of how many people have joined. I believe he's afraid to let others see these statistics for some weird reason. I'm so sad about it, I only go there once in a great while, anymore. It use to be my highlight of the day to see how everyone is doing on their build. But not anymore :-( it's just so, When I do make it in there I do not see the support that use to be there. Yes, people are helping from time to time but no where near like it was before. Anyway just I feel I needed to say this.

I do have to say that I'm happy with the machine though and that I would recommend it. Just wish the support was there still.
    Well, there has not been as many build lately. this is always the trend during the turn of the year, It has slowed down also I would Imagine due to the economy people are watching what they spend. I for one am also. in forums when you get more and more people you get different mentalities and people start speculating. Yes i have changed the forum to an extent, but it is alsoway intended to be a support forum for people building their machines, people do not ask as many questions because allot of the information is there now with a search so the conversations and questions slow down. It will pick up I'm confident in this as the economy and unemployment turns for the better.

Thanks,
    Joe

www.joescnc.com
    joecnc2006 at yahoo

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi,
    I'm considering building this machine and am wondering if there are DWG versions of the EASM files Joe has on his site. I've started looking through the thread but it's slow going and the search function is next to useless. I found that on page 62, post 740 Joe mentions DWG files but searching the thread for "DWG" yields "0 matches".... eventhough I was looking straight at the word 'DWG'. Wading back I found some links that were supposed to have DWG files, but the links are dead.

Hoping somebody has them...

Thanks,
    Ryan

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

People have been kick off, Rights have been taken away from some and not others,
    Sorry to see you are not happy. I go there and learn from it all the time. Did one of your buddies get kicked off? In any case did those who were banned not deserve it?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Question Newbie

Hey all first up im a newbie to the world of cnc but i do have a fair knowledge on electronics and computers and know my way around tools. Joe id like to officially thank you because reading your project has made my decision alot easier. I am going to build an almost exact replica of your cnc machine.

So for my first question would there be any disadvantage to building this out of steel box section instead of mdf?

thank you

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi all, I'm starting my first 2006 build. I don't think I'll have any problem making the pieces I need, but I can't seem to find any hints/guides on assembly. I scanned through this thread and found a link (lumenlab site), but it's not active any more. Does anyone have an assembly guide?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Build hints:

Here are a few I have come across. They are by no means complete. Lots of questions have been asked, and by asking more, we'll all learn more!
    Think of them more as guides.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Joe's CNC Model 2006-cnc-model-2006-r-2-manual-pdf   Joe's CNC Model 2006-joes-2006-hdpe-sheet-part-layout-model   Joe's CNC Model 2006-joes-cnc-model-2006-part-listing-pdf  
    Attached Files Attached Files

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Red face Oops!

Ignore the PDF of the HDPE file and open the last one AFTER you go here...
    http://download.cnet.com/DWG-TrueVie...-10690117.html
    and install the free viewer!

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I can't find the dimensions for the X, Y and Z axis brg assembly, 140 pages of info, I know I have missed it, Would someone please link me to these assemblies.

TIA

Page 84 of 88 FirstFirst ... 347481828384858687 ... LastLast