Newbie Joes CNC Model 2006 R-2 plans and edrawing dimensioning

Thread: Joes CNC Model 2006 R-2 plans and edrawing dimensioning

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Joes CNC Model 2006 R-2 plans and edrawing dimensioning

Hello all,

New CNC builder here and already a question.

I downloaded Joe's plans (revision 2) and installed Edrawing. I read the drawings just fine, but I can only use the measuring tool on the *.easm files. Is that normal? I know the measuring option can be turned off by the producer. Is that the case for those files I can't measure up?

Also, is there a way to show 2D dimensioning automatically for printout or do I have to do the markup manually?

Thanks!

Edit: Also, is there a detailed cutlist out there for the different parts?

Similar Threads:
    Last edited by javarik; 08-17-2010 at 11:05 PM. Reason: Added a question

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I mean is it possible to view/print the drawings like depicted in this picture?

Sorry for the newb question. I'm new to all this.

Thanks!

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by javarik View Post
    I mean is it possible to view/print the drawings like depicted in this picture?

Sorry for the newb question. I'm new to all this.

Thanks!
    I have completed a full set of manufacturing drawings for Joes CNC Router 2006-02. I have spent several hundred hours re-formatting the parts and compiling the drawings from the original files. There are 23 assembly drawings and 52 part drawings. Joes original solidWorks files have been modified slightly to more suit the individual who would be making these parts by hand (not CNC cut) I have made some slight modifications to some of the parts that I thought makes manufacturing easier or helps with the accurate during assembly, including accurately locating and identifying all of the drilled and tapped holes in all of the parts. These drawings include all of the information to make the parts and graphically show how they are put together. Every assembly drawing has a bill of materials clearly showing the entire parts list for that assembly. The format of the drawings is high quality PDF's so that anyone can open, view and print them. Unfortunately this makes the file sizes very large.
    Anyone who wishes to purchase the CD of this set of these drawings for $20 should email me at kelvoden@gmail.com. I will include the updates/modified Joes original solidWorks files that have been used to make the drawings on the CD as well, so that the CAD information is there too.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Talking Improved drawings!

This is really going to save me a lot of time on my 2006 build. I'm a woodworker but I still bought the HDPE parts from Joe. I've had some time to review some drawings. They're great.