Got the x axis bearing assemblies, and the gantry sides and braces screwed together. Still have to make all the adjustment blocks, but the plastic that I have that I was going to use is pretty tough to drill through.
all I know it by is gorilla glue, it prolly says polyurethane on it but I haven't looked. Anyway its great, it and the screws make for some very solid pieces. Just be careful when it seeps out of the cracks and crevices, it expands quite a bit and is pretty hard when fully cured. For example the bottom piece of my gantry has some squirting out that I will have to sand or cut down so I can get the extra support pieces in the right place.
I really need to get this thing finished so I make some straight cuts.
Got the adjustment blocks cut and installed on the z axis, little bit of work on the leadnut and i'll be ready to slap a drill on it.
I was just venting from parts being very close to not working. So far nothing is so bad that it has to be remade Stuff is straight for the most part, and what isn't is my own fault for not checking squareness on the saws.
Got x and z put together.
Waiting for a little cash flow so I can get some of Dumpsters acme nuts and some 1/2 bearings and couplers. Should have the y axis together and everything slidin back and forth by then.
I know the feeling. On my first router, there where many parts that I had to make twice and a few three times.
I have never worked with wood or aluminum before.
On my machine, I had to remake 8 parts from aluminum for the bearing trucks because they were off when I drilled them. Early one Saturday morning I ran to the suppliers to pickup some more 2" angle. I setup a jig to cut them on my miter saw. I read the plans, measured twice, made my new 8 pcs. They were exact and I was very proud at that time. The only problem was I read the plans wrong and cut my pcs 1/4 short. Back to the suppliers.
I am building a new machine and using my old machine to cut the parts. They are much better then on the old machine.
I ordered what should be the last of the parts needed for assembly this weekend. Depending on shipping speed I might be ready for final assembly next weekend, and if I'm not lazy all week and solder up the rest of my driver boards I might even be ready for a test run.... but I doubt it LOL