JGROs in Europe, especially Germany?

Thread: JGROs in Europe, especially Germany?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default JGROs in Europe, especially Germany?

Hi All,

I am considering building a JGRO as my next machine. Are there any JGROs being built in Germany?
    I am interested what kind of pipes to use and where to get them. The water pipes from a big hardware store, I visited today, looked everything but round.

Imperial to metric conversion might also be a bit of a challenge, if you want to come up with reasonable numbers (instead just multiplying with 2.54). But in principle this should not be a big problem. I am currently "copying" JGRO's anti-backlash nuts for my "MDF, drawer slides, M8 threaded rod" machine (see pic). Hopefully, I can already use it for building the JGRO.

So I would like to hear about any metric JGRO experiences. Anyone?

Cheers,
    Guido

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails JGROs in Europe, especially Germany?-odiugs_cnc-jpg  

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi!

I'm building a JGRO in Cologne, Germany. As I wasn't able to find any metric plans I'm doing a sketchup right from the scratch. Alternating to that I'm trying to source parts as cheap as possible.
    The plans should be done at the end of the week, so if you were interested I could pm them to you. Otherwise I will post them, when I'll do my building blog - aprox. in mid February.

Did you start your project yet?

So long,
    Chris

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default DXF format please :)

Chris,

It would be a very good idea to post your metric scratch work here on this forum. If you are able to export to "DXF" or DWG" files, that will be a must.

I thing lot of metric guys here will appreciate your contribution.

Greetings from Belgium

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I will definitly post the dxf and sketchup files on cnczone. About 75% work progress is done and it might take me another few days to finish. If I'm going to open another thread therefor (maybe a building blog), I'll post a link to this thread in here, too.
    Don't expect too much! It's my first machine and it implements some slight modifications to JGRO's original plan, which have to prove themselves in reality first. When the machine is done, hopefully in late february/march, I will update the plans.
    Cheers, Chris

Last edited by Charly_Harloff; 01-28-2011 at 03:41 PM.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Chris,

Quote Originally Posted by Charly_Harloff View Post
    Hi!
    Did you start your project yet?
    No, sorry, I went a different route. I purchased a cheap, small CNC machine (mechanics only): Kompas H-300.
    Quite OK for the beginning, but personal taste might vary. With 300x200mm it is not made for larger wood work.

So, a metric JGRO might still be interesting...

Guido

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I have used chromed clothes rail with oval shape. I have found it locally on the hardware
    store cut in size to 1mt. The rail cut at 1.8/2mt was more cheaper, but not so straight so
    i have used four 1mt rails.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hey Folks,

i've been reading and planing for some time now. I almost finished to convert the whole JGRO to a metric system in SketchUp. Progress so far: 80 percent done.

I hope to find enought time during the second half of September to check whether it's working or not.

I'm going to start a log for the project.

The router will consist of MDF from the local hardware store and aluminum profiles available at a german online store.

I'm located around Bonn/Cologne.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

So, any progress? I'd be very interested in metric, too.
    Marko

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I just started to build a metric JGRO. Plans are available here:
    http://www.cnczone.com/forums/jgro_r...tric_jgro.html