Info on Rotary Wankel engines.

Thread: Info on Rotary Wankel engines.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Info on Rotary Wankel engines.

I have came across some drawings of a current Rotary design that I would like to share with this group. I also would love to build one myself but like most others don't have a lot of time etc etc. I would prefer to send it as a private file to someone who would sort through it a little and repost it to everyone interested. If you would like to help lmk.

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

yes please....

i am interested to see what information you have found

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hello Mach1n1st,
    i'm interested in wankel designs
    ..Nipsel..

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Info on Rotary Wankel engines.

If you can befriend somebody with a cnc wire cutting machine then it is very easy to make one.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Wankel RCEs

Regarding the books by Kenichi Yamamoto, the head engineer in the RCE section and then President of Mazda/Toyo Kogyo, there were three books, published in 1969, 1971 and 1981. Each one contains construction details of different parts of engine, so to have an overall view you'll need the three, some are available for download in the web.

Two German language books: 'Wankel auf dem Prüfstand', Ulrich Ch. Knapp, Waxman, 2006, und 'Rotationskolben Verbrennungsmotoren', W.D. Bensinger (Mercedes), Springer Verlag, 1973. There are lots of SAE papers about Wankel RCEs, but if you're interested in small engines, you may have a look at SAE paper 821068, by D W Garside, on the development of the Norton RCEs, SAE paper 680572, by Helmut Keller, on the small Wankel engines by Sachs, and SAE paper 720466 by K Yamaoka et al, on the small RCEs by Yanmar Diesel.
    SAE paper 870446 by Y Fujimoto et al from Mazda, contains many interesting issues about Materials and other improvements, as well as the 790435, by T Kohno et al, from Toyota, about 'Low load performace of RCEs'.
    The RX-8 Renesis engine is more than enough known, there are also SAE papers and book chapitres ('Futuristic concepts in engines') about it,
    NSU and Curtiss-Wright also informed step by step in SAE publications about their achievements in Rotary Combustion Engines, where Max Bentele had an important part. Some info is available from NASA and other USA government institutions, some listed for example, in the site rotaryeng.net

SAE 2014-01-2160 is about the great improvements obtained in engines with air-cooled Housing, charge-cooled Rotor, by adding Heat-Pipes to reduce the top temperatures and the temperature differences in static parts. SAE paper 2014-32-0115 is about the intake and exhaust pipe effect on RE performance.

You can purchase in ebay.de some plans to build a model Wankel engine at affordable prices. SAE papers are $24 to download in SAE.org, no need to be a member. By searching in the Espacenet patent database with the search word: 'Wankel', you'll retrieve hundreds of patents, but if you enter: 'Rotary engine', as search term, you'll get thousands, some people offered in ebay.com and ebay.de CD-ROMs with Wankel patents, around 12 €. Hope you succeed! Regards. Salut †