Hyundai Hit-18s with siemens 840c ERROR 9107 axis motor overtemperature

Thread: Hyundai Hit-18s with siemens 840c ERROR 9107 axis motor overtemperature

Downloads
    Uploads

Unhappy Hyundai Hit-18s with siemens 840c ERROR 9107 axis motor overtemperature

Another first. I can find nothing at all about this error on the web. My 1995 Hyundai HIT-18S lathe with Siemens 840c control throws a 9107 overtemp error on start up. Motors are all cold. Nothing in any of my manuals, google come up with nothing. Tried to re-seat all the plugs and no luck. Any suggestions?

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Hyundai Hit-18s with siemens 840c ERROR 9107 axis motor overtemperature

Does it tell you what motor? Usually there is just a contact switch in the motor that opens or closes when it gets hot. Maybe you grounded out a wire or a wire opened up. If this is an input to your plc and you can locate on the plc itself, you could change it's state and bypass the alarm.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Hyundai Hit-18s with siemens 840c ERROR 9107 axis motor overtemperature

Found the Z-axis card had no lights lit at all, X-axis was showing 2 segments on 7 segment display lit. Swapped cards. Z-axis card stayed dead. Had my electronics guy look at it. he found 3 bad caps, one had leaked and wrecked a trace on the PCB. Fixed and put in 3 new caps, 10uf at 25 volt. Machine is up and running again. Wish I could find some Siemens docs on the card. I would like to know what the 7 segment display displays. A list of normal state and error codes would be nice. Lots of Siemens info out there, just nothing that matches this old machine. Card is a 6SN118-0AA11-0AA0

Downloads
    Uploads

From what I have read so far, no temp switch, it's a thermistor. I would not know even where to start looking in the PLC to find it. Good thing we found the problem. Pulled out the other axis card and it had the same problem, just not bad to the point where it etched a trace through. I bought a spare off of eBay and it worked. Going to replace the caps on the other axis board and the spare.

Downloads
    Uploads

Good idea. Caps don't age well. Glad you got it sorted