Thread: hyundia HiT 18s spindle intermitent start problems

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Lightbulb hyundia HiT 18s spindle intermitent start problems

Hi guys;

In need of assistance

Our Hyundai HiT-18 cnc lathe is having spindle start issues

press the start and after a random time 5-45 minutes the spindle will start; it will run the program; do all operations to completion until it hits a spindle stop command, It stops, the next part is loaded in the spindle;

Then another random amount of wait time before it re-starts.

When you input the start command, the console shows it is active, the direction light and speed indicator are active, no faults displayed
    The motor drive board shows a ready state; after a random amount of time the drive board will make an audible vibrating sound (like a relay buzzing) once the relay clicks the drive board shows a run state; the spindle starts and runs; the program runs, machine functions normally until the next programmed stop

Siemen’s 840 controller:
    The fault appears to be in the in Simodrive 611 motor control board {6SN1121-OBA12-0AA0}

An help appreciated

Doug

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: hyundia HiT 18s spindle intermitent start problems

I think you hit the nail on the head. I believe that on your drive board that there is a small black relay about .5 by 1" that is sticking. It may be different depending on the vintage - some looked like ice cubes, but if you replace the relay you should remedy the problem.

Best regards,

Experience is what you get just after you needed it.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Smile Re: hyundia HiT 18s spindle intermitent start problems

Quote Originally Posted by OkumaWiz View Post
    I think you hit the nail on the head. I believe that on your drive board that there is a small black relay about .5 by 1" that is sticking. It may be different depending on the vintage - some looked like ice cubes, but if you replace the relay you should remedy the problem.

Best regards,
    Hi
    This board has 7 small relays in a row. Any idea which relay it is; or should I replace them all.
    They appear to be standard Tyco relays rebranded

Did attempt to attach a board image

Cheers
    hyundia HiT 18s spindle intermitent start problems-seimens-158-jpg

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: hyundia HiT 18s spindle intermitent start problems

I can't see from the image, but it appears that there may be a label by each relay on the circuit board. I think that you should be able to "fire" the relay by applying voltage to the coil to determine which one is sticking without having to de-solder the relay. They should either click right away or not if it is the defective one. I'm not sure the operating voltage of the coil...does it say on the top of the relay or can you check? I'd hate to see you fry it by applying the wrong voltage...

Best regards,

you may also want to look for any discoloration of the relay or board (like excessive heat) to determine which one.

Experience is what you get just after you needed it.