If you send me a direct email I'll be happy to send you a .pdf copy of a pesentation called "best practices for hole cutting".
Here are the critical functions to hole cutting:
1. Torch pierce height
2. Torch pierce delay
3. Torch physical cut height
4. Ability of the machine code to freeze height at the physical cut height (for holes only)
5. Location of pierce hole (dead center of hole)
6. Shape of lead in (depends on the mechanical and acceleration ability of your machine)
7. Ability to program an overburn instead of a leadout.
8. Ability to shut the plasma off in advance of stopping machine motion.
The presentation will get into more detail!
Jim Colt firstname.lastname@example.org