Powermax 30XP + Plasmacam

Thread: Powermax 30XP + Plasmacam

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Powermax 30XP + Plasmacam

Is the Powermax 30xp ok to run on the Plasmacam?

If so, do I need a dedicated compressor for this system or can I use my regular Woodshop airlines/compressor?

Thanks!

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Powermax 30XP + Plasmacam

Hypertherm generally recommends its plasma cutters that are available with machine torches and with output amperage of 45 amps or higher for CNC cutting machine use. There are a number of people using the Powermax30XP on Plasmacam tables.....and it certainly will work. Because this system was designed for portable hand cutting operation it's duty cycle and thickness capacity should be downgraded when used on a cnc machine like the Plasmacam. I would recommend a maximum piercing thickness of 3/16" for machine use, and supply 230 volt power to the 30XP for best results.

The 30 XP uses approximately 4.5 cubic feet per minute at 90 psi. If your compressor can supply this amount of flow it will be adequate.Inlet pressure when air is flowing at the torch must be between 90 and 120 psi. Jim Colt Hypertherm