Need Help! Powermax 45 connection to Chinese Plasma with THC

Thread: Powermax 45 connection to Chinese Plasma with THC

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Powermax 45 connection to Chinese Plasma with THC

Dear All,

Firstly i would like to thank this amazing community for the help and knowledge i have gotten from here.

I have run into a small problem with my chinese plasma cutter. I have a powermax45 and i bought the machine without the plasma itself. I spoke to my supplier and asked him to send me instructions on how to connect the powermax45 to their machine so the THC works. What he has sent me is instructions for powermax65 and said they dont know how to connect the powermax45. I am attaching their instructions below and a few pictures of my powermax45. I am using a CPC connector and have wired cables 3,4,5 and 6 already but have not connected them yet. The other problem is since these instructions are for powermax65 there is no J27 and J28 on the board.

I am completely confused at this point. If someone would be kind enough to explain everything with a simple diagram or point me to the right place for instructions i would be really grateful.

Thank you

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Powermax 45 connection to Chinese Plasma with THC-hypertherm-wiring1-pdf  

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Powermax 45 connection to Chinese Plasma with THC

The connections for the plasma start signal to pins 3 and 4 of the CPC port are correct.

The wiring change they suggest for the arc voltage connections is not correct, and in fact is dangerous. The existing divided arc voltage connections on pins 5 and 6 are designed to be safe and meet international safety standards with DC voltage present at a maximum of 16 volts DC. Their suggestions brings as much as 300 Volts DC to these exposed connector pins, so I suggest that you do not wire the system as they say.

Attached is the document that shows how to make the Raw Arc Voltage connections on the main circuit board inside the Powermax45 ( I assume it is a Powermax45, not a Powermax45 XP, which is different!). Your supplier suggests running this raw arc voltage through pins 5 and 6, I suggest that you wire from the terminals listed in this document directly to the Voltage divider module that is part of your machine, use wiring rated for at least 300 volts DC and be sure you get the polarity correct!

Best regards, Jim Colt Hypertherm . If you have further questions feel free to email me direct at jim.colt@hypertherm.com

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Powermax 45 connection to Chinese Plasma with THC-raw-voltage-pdf   Powermax 45 connection to Chinese Plasma with THC-raw-arc-voltage-kit-806200r1-pdf  

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Powermax 45 connection to Chinese Plasma with THC

Hi Jim,

Thank you for the clarification on this matter. One last small question. Do i leave the wire 5 and 6 plugged in to the board that comes from the cpc connector or do i need to disconnect these from the board once i make the connections as per the pdf you have sent?

Thank you once again.