Need Help! Repair options - Duramax Retrofit machine torch P/N 228790

Thread: Repair options - Duramax Retrofit machine torch P/N 228790

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Repair options - Duramax Retrofit machine torch P/N 228790

Hi All,

I have a Duramax Retrofit machine torch P/N 228790 for my Hypertherm PowerMax 1000.
    This was purchased used on Ebay with the understanding that the torch was removed from
    working equipment.

Once received, I found out that there were are a couple of wires going to the connector that
    are a bit sketchy - looks like they are close to breaking (red wires) and there is one set (orange)
    that was broken after removing the zip ties that connected everything.

I also found that one of the white wires had evidences of insulation breadown and there was
    some minor arcing.

I do not have any issue with doing the repair work myself as my background is in electrical
    engineering and I have a fair amount of hands on experience. I would however have someone
    knowledgeable repair the torch and test it out on known good machinery.

I wonder if anyone has had such a torch repaired or if they have done the repair themselves?
    I reached out to Hypertherm support and was told that they do not do repair work - hard to
    believe?

I appreciate your inputs on this matter.

Thanks very much,

Karl Gabel
    Henderson, Nevada, USA