Need Help! Maxpro200 Cut Samples

Thread: Maxpro200 Cut Samples

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Maxpro200 Cut Samples

Hello everyone,
    Recently we bought a Maxpro200 CNC Plasma cutting machine but the cutting finish is really bad comparing to what we have seen on the website. From where we are located, it is not possible to get cut samples of the Hypertherm Maxpro200 so if anyone is using the same system please upload some of your cutting finish so that we can set a standard and solve the problem with our supplier as they told us the Maxpro200 system cutting finish is obivously bad???!! We are using AutoCAD/LazyCam and Mach3. Thank you in advance.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Maxpro200 Cut Samples

The MaxPro200 will cut as advertised if the machine motion is correct, cut speeds are correct and torch height control is accurate. Please ensure that your cnc machine and height control are allowing you to operate within the specifications listed in the operators manual. Post some pictures of the cuts...with details about pierce height, cut height, arc voltage, cut speed and amperage, as well as the consumables use....and we can help you with your cut quality issues. Jim Colt Hypertherm

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Maxpro200 Cut Samples-img_0920-jpg Sorry for bad quality picture. This is the 0.5mm stainless steel. 50A, ARC 101, IHS 0,06, cut speed 5000, pierce height 0,02. We use air/air and consumables are from Hypertherm. We use a portable plasma torch height controller F1620E, which is made from China. Please let me know if you need more information. Thank you Jim for your reply.

Downloads
    Uploads

From your picture I cannot see the lag lines on the cut face, the bottom of the cut or edge angularity. I can see that you have an issue with machine motion. I suggest you work with the cnc machine supplier to get your motion issue solved. Could be a drive tuning issue or a mechanical backlash issue. You could mount a pen in place of the torch and do some tracing at the same speeds that your tried to cut....you will likely see the same issue.

I can see a changing heat shadow as well which could indicate fluctuating height or speed. When the torch gets further from the material or the speed slows the heat shadow gets wider. Jim Colt

Quote Originally Posted by morphine92 View Post
    Maxpro200 Cut Samples-img_0920-jpg Sorry for bad quality picture. This is the 0.5mm stainless steel. 50A, ARC 101, IHS 0,06, cut speed 5000, pierce height 0,02. We use air/air and consumables are from Hypertherm. We use a portable plasma torch height controller F1620E, which is made from China. Please let me know if you need more information. Thank you Jim for your reply.

Good day,

We have installed a CNC Plasma machine (with a MaxPro200 cutter) at a client. The machine cut-quality was perfect until now. They had a power-failure whilst the machine was cutting and after that, the machine struggled to cut through the material (it pierces through but as soon as it starts moving, the arc does not go through):

- I've asked them to check the air pressure
    - Change consumables
    - Cut at different amperages
    - Check for any errors on the MaxPro200 cutter

But nothing made the machine cut through 8mm (Mild steel) and all the motion settings were the same as previously set - when it worked. The only thing that partially resolved the issue was to decrease the cutting speed on 200A,8mm plate to 4100mm/min (Air/Air). Now it looks as if the quality is really bad (slow speed dross), but as soon as we increase the speed then it does not cut through.

Please let me know your thoughts.

Regards
    Pieter