Need Help! hypertherm 45xp

Thread: hypertherm 45xp

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default hypertherm 45xp

Hi guys I hope someone can shed some light on a problem I am having with my new Hypertherm Powermax 45xp. It doesn't matter if I am gouging or cutting, The arc just goes out mid way thru a run, its very intermittent. There is no water coming out of the nozzle just dry air. The ground is clean, the compressor is full. I have a moisture/water trap halfway down my airline to catch anything. The pressure at the moisture trap is good. The consumables are new. It is driving me up the wall ! I bought the machine because its a great piece of kit BUT until I get the wrinkle ironed out its a boat anchor.

Can someone shed some light on what I am doing wrong please

Regards Badger

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

There are diagnostic codes on the display panel. You need to read the code immediately after it faults, then refer to the troubleshooting section in the operators manual. 99% of the time it will indicate an air pressure related issue. The pressure at your filter is different that the pressure at the inlet to the plasma....that is where you should read pressure and do so only when air is flowing at the torch. If your air hose is too long, too small of inside diameter, or filters are dropping too much pressure, that is my best guess with limited info. The diagnostics will give us better info.

QUOTE=ssbadger;2006452]Hi guys I hope someone can shed some light on a problem I am having with my new Hypertherm Powermax 45xp. It doesn't matter if I am gouging or cutting, The arc just goes out mid way thru a run, its very intermittent. There is no water coming out of the nozzle just dry air. The ground is clean, the compressor is full. I have a moisture/water trap halfway down my airline to catch anything. The pressure at the moisture trap is good. The consumables are new. It is driving me up the wall ! I bought the machine because its a great piece of kit BUT until I get the wrinkle ironed out its a boat anchor.

Can someone shed some light on what I am doing wrong please

Regards Badger[/QUOTE]

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: hypertherm 45xp

Thankyou Jim for the quick reply, I will see what shows up on the display the next time I use it

Many thanks buddy

Badger