Need Help! HPR 400 XD PROBLEM

Thread: HPR 400 XD PROBLEM

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default HPR 400 XD PROBLEM

i have HPR 400XD with hypertherm edge pro CNC and arc glide THC and for more than 5 years it worked perfect
    lately i cannot cut through 40mm mild steel with 400 amps...pierce or edge start
    i checked the following:
    1- all gas supply (O2 , AIR) pressures are 8.5 bars
    2- performed all the gas leak tests from CNC and passed all
    3- replaced the whole torch assembly , automatic selection gas console, metering console and the hoses between them, even the gas regulator but no changes
    4- when i perform the cutflow or preflow the inlet gas pressure 1&2 is around 8 bars. when turned off, the pressure drops sometimes to 0 bar
    5- i performed cutflow or preflow then blocked the lines between selection and metering console and watched the pressure and no drop at all on the manometer on the output of selection console
    6- i performed cutflow or preflow then blocked the lines after metering console and watched the pressure and no drop at all on the manometer on the output of selection console
    7- tried to cut 40 mm steel but cannot go through..there's about 1 mm uncut at the bottom
    8- all cut parameters is ok and checked
    9- all consumables are genuine
    9- machine works perfect on 260 , 160 amps

any advise?

Best Regards

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: HPR 400 XD PROBLEM

Hypertherm technical service or your cutting machine suppliers tech service department are your best choices for help. technical.service@hypertherm.com Jim Colt Hypertherm

Quote Originally Posted by Feras View Post
    i have HPR 400XD with hypertherm edge pro CNC and arc glide THC and for more than 5 years it worked perfect
    lately i cannot cut through 40mm mild steel with 400 amps...pierce or edge start
    i checked the following:
    1- all gas supply (O2 , AIR) pressures are 8.5 bars
    2- performed all the gas leak tests from CNC and passed all
    3- replaced the whole torch assembly , automatic selection gas console, metering console and the hoses between them, even the gas regulator but no changes
    4- when i perform the cutflow or preflow the inlet gas pressure 1&2 is around 8 bars. when turned off, the pressure drops sometimes to 0 bar
    5- i performed cutflow or preflow then blocked the lines between selection and metering console and watched the pressure and no drop at all on the manometer on the output of selection console
    6- i performed cutflow or preflow then blocked the lines after metering console and watched the pressure and no drop at all on the manometer on the output of selection console
    7- tried to cut 40 mm steel but cannot go through..there's about 1 mm uncut at the bottom
    8- all cut parameters is ok and checked
    9- all consumables are genuine
    9- machine works perfect on 260 , 160 amps

any advise?

Best Regards

Downloads
    Uploads

So, if you would confirm for me please, you're cutting 40mm Carbon steel and you're not piercing the material. Is this correct?

Downloads
    Uploads

The HPR400XD can easily pierce to 50 mm, so 40 would not be an issue. I suspect he has an issue with his consumables, and the tech service group can verify that. Could be mismatched parts....or aftermarket parts. Jim Colt Hypertherm

Quote Originally Posted by bytor View Post
    So, if you would confirm for me please, you're cutting 40mm Carbon steel and you're not piercing the material. Is this correct?

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by jimcolt View Post
    The HPR400XD can easily pierce to 50 mm, so 40 would not be an issue. I suspect he has an issue with his consumables, and the tech service group can verify that. Could be mismatched parts....or aftermarket parts. Jim Colt Hypertherm
    Roger that. Was also thinking he was moving before the pierce completed.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

yes i'm piercing and cutting 40 mm steel not for the first time..i pierced and cut 50 mm steel for 3 years
    i checked the pierce time delay..it's correct as hypertherm suggests
    i tried new genuine hyperthem consumables...the same results
    when i checked with hypertherm technical service, they insist that there's leak somewhere
    they asked to check visually the manifolds and valves in metering and selection console with ''gas leak detector spray''
    but found nothing.

Downloads
    Uploads

When you fire and cut, do you get a rooster tail after you begin to move?
    What happens if you cut manually? Fire the torch and pause long enough for the arc to completely penetrate the steel and then move manually. You seem to be adamant that there are no leaks and that your consumables are correct. What is the output from the power supply? I mean - I understand that you have set the output for 400 amps, but what have you measured? Grab a clamp on ammeter and see what the output really is.
    As for leak detector spray, a solution of water and dish detergent in a spray bottle is a very effective leak detector.
    Lastly, I would expect that at 400 amps, you could cut 75mm with out issue.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

You need to check out your hoses from selection to metering console

Downloads
    Uploads

" machine works perfect on 260 , 160 amps"
    Wouldn't a gas leak from selection to metering present problems on all cutting currents? When I think about what has changed, he has gone from a working process at 260 amps to a non working process at 400 amps. What has changed? The consumables, the current and the volume/pressure of gas. He insists that the consumables are fresh, the torch is new and there are no leaks. He still hasn't answered my questions regarding what happens when he tries to cut and what his actual cutting current is. Since his input is more than a month old, I'd consider this a dead thread.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

since the machine was stopped due to huge electrical problem at the factory..
    meanwhile i contacted hypertherm technical service to solve this issue but it seems that i need them on site

i measured the current during cutting and it's 416 amps
    HPR 400 XD PROBLEM-img-20170221-wa0001-jpgHPR 400 XD PROBLEM-img-20170221-wa0003-jpg

they suggested to put manometer on the output of metering console to check...all is ok as cut charts
    awaiting technical team on site