Some sketchiness surrounding Hurricane Lasers - Page 2

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Some sketchiness surrounding Hurricane Lasers

Hurricane21

Default Thank you to Everyone!

Thank you to all the supporters of Hurricane Lasers that see through Henry's antics. I have tried to stay above the fray by doing just as some of you have mentioned. We focus on giving quality and standing behind our products. Problems will happen in any business but it is what you do when they occur that makes the difference.

As a thank you for the support we are offering a 10% discount on all lasers and accessories and 90days same as cash. Please call or email me for details.

Thank you and have a great week.

John

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by notprtty

I am not sure about Nevada, but in many states non-competes aren't valid, regardless of whether you sign them. And I agree, the only way for the market to be truly valid is for competition. If you're not challenged to be better, you won't be. Simple as that. Sounds like Henry of FSL is taking a page from Apple's handbook and then taking it a notch lower by using smear campaigns instead of using the patent system to try and keep competition down.

If you're afraid of competition, that means you're not doing your job very well. A good business man would thrive on competition, especially if he truly believed his was the better product. For example, I do not fear competition in my business because I know the quality of my work and customer service speaks for itself. Even when my prices are higher than the competition, I get sales because I can stand behind my work AND my work ethic.
    I think you have the whole idea behind the Apple lawsuit incorrect. The iPhone/iOS is one area that apple truly innovated in. History shows what all the other cell phone and tablet manufacturers were doing until apple released the iPhone. They changed directions rapidly and looked to google who really ripped off apple. Remember, a google board member was on apples board of directors at the time of the iPhone development.

http://www.glenspeymillworks.com Techno LC4896 - 2.2Kw Water Cooled Spindle | Moving Table Mill from Omis 3 CMM, 500Lb granite base | Epilog Legend 32 Laser Engraver

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Pplug View Post
    I think you have the whole idea behind the Apple lawsuit incorrect. The iPhone/iOS is one area that apple truly innovated in. History shows what all the other cell phone and tablet manufacturers were doing until apple released the iPhone. They changed directions rapidly and looked to google who really ripped off apple. Remember, a google board member was on apples board of directors at the time of the iPhone development.
    One of the patents that apple has is a "device that connects to other devices in a manner other than a telephone line" or some such as ridiculous. Basically, any computer, phone, tablet or even video game console on an internet connection?
    Apple is not innovative, not anymore. And by going after the competition for doing what they've done bigger and better just shows how petty and scared they are. All Apple does is repackage years old merch, throw a new color on it, add a 4 or 5 to the end of the name and then sell it for another few hundred dollars. Then get patents with the most general terms for what they have, and sue the competition who is putting out better products.
    Even IF the competition was simply stealing the tech (which they are not), they are still improving on it. To punish them for doing so is the biggest enemy to innovation. Do better and keep up, or fall behind. But to go a completely separate route and sue is just despicable.

To bring it back to the subject at hand: It is the equivalent of what seems to be happening between Hurricane and FSL. Seemingly, John used to work for FSL. He liked the basis of the company, what they provided, but didn't like a number of other aspects of it and decided he could do better. So he branched out, started his own company, took that base program (selling laser cutters) and made it better. The PROPER way for FSL to better themselves ISN'T to use underhanded tactics to get every other laser cutter seller out of the business, it's to improve themselves. If they bettered their customer service, maybe people like us would like them better. Likewise, if Apple actually updated their hardware and, say, made their phones and tablets compatible with some of THE MOST POPULAR PROGRAMS IN USE TODAY, they'd be worth more. Instead, they want to continue putting out the same substandard equipment with a new name and just kick other companies in the nads. Instead of making his company better, Henry just posts BS about Hurricane in an attempt to turn us off of them. I think the comparison is pretty accurate, IMHO.

If you disagree, feel free to PM me, I don't think we need to turn this thread into an Apple discussion :P

Downloads
    Uploads

It shows how much you really know about apple and how to oversimplify complex situations or problems.

http://www.glenspeymillworks.com Techno LC4896 - 2.2Kw Water Cooled Spindle | Moving Table Mill from Omis 3 CMM, 500Lb granite base | Epilog Legend 32 Laser Engraver

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

It seems that this thread has not been updated in a while, so I thought I would throw in my experiences over the last few months with Hurricane Lasers ( Home page ). NONE of which is good. Here's a 10+ page thread on the whole story: http://www.cnczone.com/forums/vendor...xperience.html

In a nutshell, Hurricane Lasers owe us $13,324 for a machine that was never delivered (see the story for details)

BUYER BEWARE! In my opinion, the more we look into this company, the worse it gets.

Hurricane21

Happy New Year to All!

This is in response to two main threads that are circulating on CNCZone and Sawmill Creek.

First, we work very hard to provide the best quality and support in the community. There are also many other great companies out there such as Rabbit Laser, Epilog, Universal, Trotec on and on. It is this competition that is helping the entire industry to improve quality and lower costs. Free markets working the way they should.

As mentioned and admitted I did work for FSL prior to starting Hurricane Lasers. Let's just say that Henry and I had differing opinions on business practices. I did not have an non compete. I also did not have hundreds of thousands of dollars to keep fighting a frivolous lawsuit so our attorneys withdrew and therefore he won the suit. As mentioned by other viewers winning suit and collecting are two different things. Hurricane is in business and will continue to be. Perhaps I will have to pay a portion of what we make to the extent the law requires. But losing a lawsuit does not mean you have to shut your business. If it did there wouldn't be a business left in this country.

As for being what I call a Chinese box mover. We are not. We provide optics from Meller Optics here in the States vs Chinese Optics. This promotes less variance in the cuts and engraving and a longer life. We also are proud of our 2 year full warranty that covers everything including the tube. Nobody else has this. We also have a full time class room for education at no charge to our customers. And yes many people attend those classes or visit us for help when in town for fun or a trade show. So the cost of our lasers includes many aspects far beyond just the machine and these things cost money. We understand that we are making much less today than we can but we are about building a long term vision for the laser community. With almost 400 lasers delivered the past 2 years we are just beginning.

Second, every business has good and bad customers. We actually tried to deliver a laser to Gene and he refused delivery because it was a few days later than he wanted. I have offered repeatedly to deliver him a laser or refund his $10,000 as we agreed upon. His last call was he wanted a full refund or he would continue to bad mouth us on the forums etc. This is once again a public offering to Gene to take delivery of the machine as he ordered rather than continuing with his rants. If he does not want the machine sell it and buy another machine. Or just accept the $10,000 refund that has been offered. I will not be held hostage by a customer or anyone that agrees to something and then says they will badmouth me just to get what they want and did not agree to.

Thank you and Happy New Year!

John

Downloads
    Uploads

Excellent response John.
    I wish you well for 2014 and beyond.

Tweakie.

CNC is only limited by our imagination.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Indeed Tweaks, good luck for the future John

cheers

Dave

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Exclamation

John,

I am also emailing this exact post to john@hurricanelasers.com and accounting@hurricanelasers.com to make sure you receive it.

Let's make this easy. You have my bank routing information. Please wire $10,000 by January 9th OR I can pick up a cashier's check (for $10,000) from you at the NBM Show in LA on Friday morning. Please let me know ASAP which you will be doing.

ROUTING INFO IN EMAIL.

If I have my "refund" by Friday, I will never speak a word about your company and stop the lawsuit. If not, we continue with the lawsuit for the full amount and sharing additional information I have found. You choose. I cannot make this any simpler.

Gene Sherman.

(email sent 4:36pm Nevada time, Tuesday January 7th)

Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane21 View Post
    Happy New Year to All!

This is in response to two main threads that are circulating on CNCZone and Sawmill Creek.

First, we work very hard to provide the best quality and support in the community. There are also many other great companies out there such as Rabbit Laser, Epilog, Universal, Trotec on and on. It is this competition that is helping the entire industry to improve quality and lower costs. Free markets working the way they should.

As mentioned and admitted I did work for FSL prior to starting Hurricane Lasers. Let's just say that Henry and I had differing opinions on business practices. I did not have an non compete. I also did not have hundreds of thousands of dollars to keep fighting a frivolous lawsuit so our attorneys withdrew and therefore he won the suit. As mentioned by other viewers winning suit and collecting are two different things. Hurricane is in business and will continue to be. Perhaps I will have to pay a portion of what we make to the extent the law requires. But losing a lawsuit does not mean you have to shut your business. If it did there wouldn't be a business left in this country.

As for being what I call a Chinese box mover. We are not. We provide optics from Meller Optics here in the States vs Chinese Optics. This promotes less variance in the cuts and engraving and a longer life. We also are proud of our 2 year full warranty that covers everything including the tube. Nobody else has this. We also have a full time class room for education at no charge to our customers. And yes many people attend those classes or visit us for help when in town for fun or a trade show. So the cost of our lasers includes many aspects far beyond just the machine and these things cost money. We understand that we are making much less today than we can but we are about building a long term vision for the laser community. With almost 400 lasers delivered the past 2 years we are just beginning.

Second, every business has good and bad customers. We actually tried to deliver a laser to Gene and he refused delivery because it was a few days later than he wanted. I have offered repeatedly to deliver him a laser or refund his $10,000 as we agreed upon. His last call was he wanted a full refund or he would continue to bad mouth us on the forums etc. This is once again a public offering to Gene to take delivery of the machine as he ordered rather than continuing with his rants. If he does not want the machine sell it and buy another machine. Or just accept the $10,000 refund that has been offered. I will not be held hostage by a customer or anyone that agrees to something and then says they will badmouth me just to get what they want and did not agree to.

Thank you and Happy New Year!

John

best wishes for you John
    good luck!!!

tina from g.weike laser
    EMAIL: tina@wklaser.com SKYPE: lysunshine521

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Some sketchiness surrounding Hurricane Lasers

Wondering how this ever turned out for you Gene. Hope this worked itself out.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I know I'm new to the forum, that being said... I ordered a Storm on March 10th. They were great to work with until I made my last payment. After that they dropped off the map. My purchase was not huge, $4000ish, but still the complete lack of communication has sent me here. I have repeatedly over the last month to contact "Hurricane Lasers" about my order. Ship date was April 21. Absolutely no response. At this point I would try and cancel my order, but I can not get a hold of anyone. I know there are a lot of other people out there that are having the same problem. If anyone has any advice as what to do now I'd greatly appreciate it.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Thank you to Everyone!

Well, I spoke to Gene and Full Spectrum on the phone tonight. Gene informed me that he has heard from others in the same boat as me. Full Spectrum was very helpful as well.
    Full Spectrum let me know what has and continues to be going on with Hurricane lasers (on there part at least).
    They even offered to give me as many discounts as they could, but as I've dropped my load in Hurricane I'm screwed...
    What I have since realized (must have had my blinders on) is that Hurricane Lasers new domain is world-lasers.com quite similar to worldlasers.com. Completely different company? weird...
    Also, when purchasing my laser they asked I not use a credit card as they get charged. Made sense at the time. Wait... less than 2%? Well if they can't afford to cover the minuscule amount of that why should I buy from them? (once again, my bad) But, now I can't dispute the charges or even get a hold of anyone to cancel my order (if that was really an option).
    If you know of anyone else out there that feels that they've been wronged by Hurricane Lasers please have them contact me. We are trying to get a group together to help get either our paid products or our money back.
    Still hoping I get notification my Storm shipped.

Nothing but love for everyone (even you John Kasper),
    Nate Schafer
    Here's my personal number if you'd like to contact me
    616-745-2552

Last edited by bluesickboy; 05-14-2014 at 11:34 AM.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

So after speaking to Nate earlier today, I figure I'd update everyone on the latest:

THE BAD: I have given up on getting our money back. Probably the most painful lesson in my life. All $13,300 down the drain. As we can see by their actions, they had NO intentions of delivering. We sent them letters of intent to seek legal action and they didn't respond. A lawsuit is useless because I would be in line behind Full Spectrum's $2.8m judgement and I think that Hurricane has no money other than what they keep managing to steal.

No matter where he (John Kaspar) pops up, you can count on it being a fraud. Just ask the folks who fell for his fake crowdfunding campaign (read the latest comments): https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/a...r-and-engraver Looks like he stole another $34k.

THE GOOD: This experience has led me to Full Spectrum Laser. They stepped up to the plate and got me a great machine at a great price. Their support has been fantastic. We ended up buying a loaded 48 x 36 machine: Pro LF Series 48x36 CO2 Laser with RetinaEngrave 3D Ethernet - Pro CO2 LF Series Lasers - Lasers - Products and then a small "portable" machine to take to events: New 40W/45W CO2 Hobby Laser (5th gen: 20"x12"+Removable Floor) - Hobby CO2 Lasers - Lasers - Products

In fact, we will be buying their 3D printer too: 3D Printers - Products

Gene S.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

NATE!

I have also been trying to get a group of us together! I purchased the Storm through the Indiegogo campaign so that makes things even more complicated for me but I plan on attempting to to dispute the charge tomorrow even though it's been almost 120 days and indiegogo wasn't the ones who directly screwed us.

I put out a message into a Vegas forum asking if someone would be willing to physically check their location and see if anyone is there. No one has done that yet but someone got me the phone number of the building leasing agent. He stated that in fact hurricane is out of business but he does not know the status of their lease/occupancy of the building and if they are operating at all. The landlord, who is someone different, would know. He would not give me the landlords info but stated he would contact the landlord for me and see what's up. I have not heard back yet on this. Also, the leasing agent said their suite was NOT available on the market so they are not that far out the door yet.

Another thing Nate, John actually told me I was protected against this exact situation because I used a credit card. I now feel stupid because indiegogo served as his middle man and so I likely will not be able to get that money back. EDIT: ...money which I would now like to use as a down payment on a nice domestically produced machine.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hurricane lasers is out of business, John Kaspar is being indicted on multiple criminal charges.

If anyone has done business with him or his company it is advised you contact the Las Vegas Metro Police

Department Immediately.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by WatchDog123 View Post
    Hurricane lasers is out of business, John Kaspar is being indicted on multiple criminal charges.

If anyone has done business with him or his company it is advised you contact the Las Vegas Metro Police

Department Immediately.
    Could you provide a source for this? Was there a news article or something?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by WatchDog123 View Post

Department Immediately.
    More information would be helpful. I called LVMPD and I was told I need to go through my local channels as I live in Michigan. When trying to do that I was told to call LVMPD, FBI (IC3), BBB, or FTC. I appreciate you looking of for us WatchDog123, but please give more information about where you heard this or what exactly we should do.

Thanks,
    Nate

Last edited by bluesickboy; 05-20-2014 at 07:29 AM. Reason: Added my area

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Looks like John Kaspar and his wife Traci are setting up to rip off more people.

viplasers.com

VIP Lasers is another fraud company to steal money. BUYER BEWARE!

If the owner/operator of VIP is NOT John Kaspar, please post on here and I will immediately remove this post!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast