Need Help! Copying Blocks

Thread: Copying Blocks

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Copying Blocks

Hi Guys,

Next week I have to program various Lines/Arcs, and I want to duplicate the path, but using a different tool, which will also mill slightly deeper.

I think it is possible to copy the first program, and then make adjustments to suit. Could someone please tell me how to copy Blocks?

PS I am using a VM1 in conversational.

Similar Threads:
    Last edited by billiards; 09-27-2008 at 06:23 AM.

Downloads
    Uploads

I'm not familiar with VM-1 but in Max2 there is a copy and change prompt on the Input screen.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hit the "Review" key. On the right side you'll see your blocks, on the left you'll see the individual segments in the blocks. Hold down the "Alt" key on your keyboard and highlight all the blocks that you want to copy. (You may have to hit the softkey 'Multiple block options on the right pane first) Then paste them where you want them, even in another program if you like just like Windows. On the Input screen there is a Change Block Key that will allow you to also bulk change things like Speeds and Feeds and tools to a specified group of Blocks. Hope this helps.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

From the inut screen choose the touch key on the right for "copy and change blocks", put in your start block and your end block the insert before block number, push "make changes" on the bottom of right of the screens column and you are all done. Just make sure you know where you are going to insert them or you will be learning to use the move function from the same page you started from.
    Bruce

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I sell a manual! send me an email and I will sell you one. gsilberberg@progressive-plastics.net

Jetski (alias Tooling and Engineering Czar)
    "I may not have the keys to success.. but I have learned to pick the locks"