Need Help! Hurco MD3

Thread: Hurco MD3

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Hurco MD3

Hi there. I own a Hurco MD3 CNC Machining Center and i'm trying to get it running. I managed to learn how to use it, by readding the owner's manual, but it seems that something's wrong with the machine... I turned it on and after following the procedure "Manual-Power-Start" the screen turned off and all of the lights on the keyboard went off. The machine is still working, but the screen and keybord are off. Even the fan in the keyboard is off... And when i turn off the main switch and turn it back on, the screen and keyboard work for a few seconds and then they turn off again. And even from time to time, the screen turns on and after a few seconds it turns off by itself. If anyone can help me with some suggestions on what to do, i would really apreciate it.

Similar Threads:
    Last edited by gugu; 02-23-2008 at 03:21 AM.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I would call hurco U.S. and talk to them to help solve the problem as quick as possible .1-800-634-2416

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default hurcoman

gugu

You need to check all connections to your boards.
    Most of the time on it is the connections. I do know a company that Hurco
    can not help with older machines. The only company I know of is
    Martin CNC, Inc. Call Shane Martin at 352-326-0047 or go on line
    at martincnc.com.

Downloads
    Uploads

Sounds like a problem with the Personality board. Remove and re-seat it.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Hurco MD3

Guys, i'm selling my Hurco MD3 if anyone is interested. We had this machine in our company for more than 10 years and it NEVER worked. I think there are some wiring or electrical problems that we couldn't figure out, so we are now scraping the machine, if we don't find a buyer. Servos and other parts should be working (the spindle should also be good), so if anyone needs parts, please let me know FAST, because otherwise we scrap it. If you make an offer, it's yours.

The screens don't work, but the command buttons work. There seems to be a short on the Z servo (or something...) because after Manual-Power-Start, the Z axis moves a few millimeters and the machine stops.

You can contact me directly at grigore.borota@yahoo.com

Downloads
    Uploads

P.S. I'm located in Europe, in Romania. But i can ship parts if you need them, or even the whole machine. Shipping the machine across Europe should be around 1.000 euro, i guess...

I also scrapped a Hurco KM3P last month but i kept board, servos, spindle, encoders, etc. If you need parts, let me know.