Need Help! Hurco BMC 30 X, Y and Z errors.

Thread: Hurco BMC 30 X, Y and Z errors.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Hurco BMC 30 X, Y and Z errors.

Hi

We have a Hurco BMC 30 HT/M, today it stopped mid cut and reported X axis error.
    Did the usual and reset servos and spindle and tried again, this time the x axis jumped position and reported x error, it has also jumped in the Y and has reported Z encoder errors and Z axis errors.

Chaining tools was also odd - put the tool away when it should have picked up another (umbrella style ATC) and also closed the tool door on the spindle housing. And then its fine for a few minuets.

Surely we cant have issues on all axis at the same time, this machine has been running daily for a few weeks with no issues. It has been heavy milling with some vibration for a few weeks, does anyone think there could be a loose connection or something similar ?

Thanks
    Macca

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Hurco BMC 30 X, Y and Z errors.

Could be the CPU has a short in one of the components. Check you have the -12v present by locating the little voltage distribution board just inside the control box in the back cabinet. With the cover off, you will see a small board mounted on the side in one corner. It has orange connectors with plugs on the outside of the box. Find the little white test points - there should be five of them (four together and one a little way away on its own). With a voltmeter set to DC volts, put the black probe in the test point on its own (0v) and the next nearest one (-12v) and check you actually have -12v present. If you do, go to the next step. If you don’t, you can pull the CPU out of its slot a little way with the power off and then re-start it and run the voltage check again.

If it has Siemens drives, you may have a problem with the encoder fuse.
    Find the control box in the back cabinet and look to the end of it where four small grey plugs are connected. The little board that the plugs are plugged into has two screws holding it in. Take the big front cover off the control box and look inside where the little board is - you will see a wide ribbon cable connecting the little board to the DSP card. Carefully disconnect this cable at the little board end by pushing the locking tabs outwards. Once done, undo the two little screws holding the board in and remove it. On the board you will see two square components about 10mm x 10mm. Check these for continuity - if one is open circuit, that is mre than likely your problem.

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks bloke, i'll give it a try.
    see pic attached, do you know if the orange plug should be plugged in ??.
    Hurco BMC 30 X, Y and Z errors.-img_20180123_141401555-jpg

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi - i checked, and we do have -12 volts.
    I also check the 2 square components they both have continuity.

Macca

Downloads
    Uploads

Orange plug doesn't need to be in. You can plug it back in but it won't change your fault.
    You may have a faulty DSP card. try re-seating it. It's the long board to the right of your rack - the one with the grey ribbon connector to the four sockets.

Downloads
    Uploads

thanks i'll try that. could be the board i suppose.
    When i turn on from cold it will run the program through 6 or more time before failing, then its either
    #1 X axis following error
    #2 X axis encoder error
    #3 X axis error
    #4 Z encoder
    #5 Y following error

But mostly X

Thanks - i have to try and find someone locally to come in.

Downloads
    Uploads

If anyone has this issue it was corrosion on some of the connectors in the wiring harness.
    These were all cleaned, along with all the board contacts and now is fine.
    I can't tell you exactly the connections in the harness that were cleaned because a tech came in to do it.