Need Help! HURCO Hawk 5M Control Pictures Needed

Thread: HURCO Hawk 5M Control Pictures Needed

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default HURCO Hawk 5M Control Pictures Needed

Good Day,
    I recently purchased a HURCO Hawk 5M. It was running but the PO pulled 3 boards and had them repaired/cleanup. After getting them back, he had no time to re-install to run it. In comes me with the purchase. The PO is very reputable and I'm sure this will run. My issue is that I have no reference on which slot to insert the boards into and cables to hook them up inside the control box. Does anyone have a 5M that you could post pictures of the inside your control box for me so I can see where your boards are inserted?
    Thank you,
    JB

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails HURCO Hawk 5M Control Pictures Needed-hurco-hawk-5m-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Boards from the main console? The computer box,or the drives in the cabinet? There are alot of boards.....
    Quote Originally Posted by dynajb View Post
    Good Day,
    I recently purchased a HURCO Hawk 5M. It was running but the PO pulled 3 boards and had them repaired/cleanup. After getting them back, he had no time to re-install to run it. In comes me with the purchase. The PO is very reputable and I'm sure this will run. My issue is that I have no reference on which slot to insert the boards into and cables to hook them up inside the control box. Does anyone have a 5M that you could post pictures of the inside your control box for me so I can see where your boards are inserted?
    Thank you,
    JB

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: HURCO Hawk 5M Control Pictures Needed

Good Point Sandvet03. I'm looking for pictures of the inside of the CPU (control board set). I'll take some of what mine currently looks like tonight to add to this post. Thank you, JB

Downloads
    Uploads

I will take pictures of mine, might take me a day, just pinched my SI nerve so not mobile atm.
    Good Point Sandvet03. I'm looking for pictures of the inside of the CPU (control board set). I'll take some of what mine currently looks like tonight to add to this post. Thank you, JB

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Sorry to hear that Sandvet03. Hopefully you can get some rest and feel better. I found some pics online but they are not very good quality and hard to zoom in on. Attached are pics of what's going on inside mine. When I turn it on, power comes on for about 5-10 seconds, everything lights up, and then it just turns off. Wasn't sure if maybe I hooked something up wrong. But, could very easily be something else...
    Thank you,
    JB

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails HURCO Hawk 5M Control Pictures Needed-hurco-1-jpg  

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

pic 2

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails HURCO Hawk 5M Control Pictures Needed-hurco-2-jpg  

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

pic 3 & 4

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails HURCO Hawk 5M Control Pictures Needed-hurco-3-jpg   HURCO Hawk 5M Control Pictures Needed-hurco-4-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Are you running of a 3 phase line or a converter? Also when its starts the power up is it lighting the control console then rebooting? I would first reseat each conector. Then check your grounds. Sometimes temprature can make them finicky as well.
    pic 3 & 4

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I am running a converter. When I turn it on, the control console does light up. But, only for about 3 seconds. Then it shuts off. I will double check all my connections, including the main power feeds. Very appreciative of all your help. JB

Quote Originally Posted by Sandvet03 View Post
    Are you running of a 3 phase line or a converter? Also when its starts the power up is it lighting the control console then rebooting? I would first reseat each conector. Then check your grounds. Sometimes temprature can make them finicky as well.

Downloads
    Uploads

What size/type of converter? By shuts off, is it rebooting or compleate shut down and stays off?
    &
    I am running a converter. When I turn it on, the control console does light up. But, only for about 3 seconds. Then it shuts off. I will double check all my connections, including the main power feeds. Very appreciative of all your help. JB

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I'm running a 5 hp rotary converter. It is a complete shut down. No rebooting.

Downloads
    Uploads

You should have enough power to boot up then. When the boards were pulled he had them checked as well?
    I'm running a 5 hp rotary converter. It is a complete shut down. No rebooting.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails HURCO Hawk 5M Control Pictures Needed-20171117_171158-jpg  

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I'm pretty sure they did not have repairs made to them.

You should have enough power to boot up then. When the boards were pulled he had them checked as well?

Downloads
    Uploads

pic 3 & 4
    Pic 4 has the I/O card (furthest away with the two grey plugs) in the wrong slot. Should be in the slot nearest you.

Downloads
    Uploads

As usual Bloke is spot on. You can see the diffrence between your pic 4 and my pic.
    Quote Originally Posted by bloke View Post
    Pic 4 has the I/O card (furthest away with the two grey plugs) in the wrong slot. Should be in the slot nearest you.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thank you. I resolved this issue, however, the same problem continues to exist. Does it appear that something is missing from the top right of the card in front of the CANBUS Controller? There are many pins sticking out, that I can't help but wonder if I missing something for those?

Downloads
    Uploads

Those pins are unused on the graphics card.

Downloads
    Uploads

Maybe bloke can chime in on this, but there should be a test point for the voltages to the main board. Also when you power on can you feel the hard drive spin up? And is the cmos coin battery in place?
    Thank you. I resolved this issue, however, the same problem continues to exist. Does it appear that something is missing from the top right of the card in front of the CANBUS Controller? There are many pins sticking out, that I can't help but wonder if I missing something for those?

Downloads
    Uploads

Idk if this will help you but here is some of the voltages and spots to check on the cabinet. Your incoming line voltage should b3 equal on all 3 legs at the first set of fuse blocks, the big grey ones prob 30 amp. Check for continuity on them whil powered off. Coming back down from the high voltage transformer, block 1,2,3 are 380 vac. The flip breaker next to them is 115 vac. #5 should be 115 vac this is your line voltagebto the dc distribution pcb. The case ground on the power supply runs to 15 and then to your main ground ensure this is tight and proper. Your console grounds run to 13, and 14. 14 case grounds your main transformer case. The only other thing I can see is hurco is expecting you to be sized for a 10kva load.
    Maybe bloke can chime in on this, but there should be a test point for the voltages to the main board. Also when you power on can you feel the hard drive spin up? And is the cmos coin battery in place?