Need Help! CMOS Battery Failed VMX42 (2005) - Page 3

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: CMOS Battery Failed VMX42 (2005)

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: CMOS Battery Failed VMX42 (2005)

Bloke
    I have some odd things happening.
    Tested again after reading your posts properly.
    5 .01 V, 12,2 V, 24.2 V loaded and unloaded.
    But now I have no optional keyboard but have main key board lit up and can move between window etc.
    I need to be able to use the optional keypad to use the Function buttons so I can start it etc, the monitor has been changed at some time in the past.
    So it is nearly there, but why has it all of a sudden decided to do this, is it because of removing and replacing the orange plugs???? but then why has it now stopped the optional keyboard??

Burgs

Downloads
    Uploads

The optional keyboard plugs into the edge of the CPU furthest away from you. It may be the plug has got disturbed during testing. Some of the machines had a small adaptor cable that plugged into the CPU and then had a larger plug about 6 inches away from the CPU.

Downloads
    Uploads

Will check in the morning, getting a bit past bed time.
    After the experience with what looks like dry joints , what is the best to clean them with?
    Is electrical contact cleaner the go?

Best regards and thanks
    Burgs

Downloads
    Uploads

That may help. Worth a shot!

Downloads
    Uploads

As an aside, the machine keyboard functions are handled via that board in the middle of the rack with the yellow and red LEDs on. It is the Canbus Controller. It may have a badly seated plug to the top. It also handles the I/O from the toolchanger via that thin ribbon cable to the DCI/O backplane to the bottom of the I/O cards on the left.

Downloads
    Uploads

Ok I will have a look there with all the ins and outs I may moved a few bits around and disturbed some things, although I have been careful.
    Best regards
    Burgs

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi
    Clean up plugs and sockets, powered up still no optional keyboard.
    Checked and found the plug to the optional keyboard was not fully home, some nut didn't plug it in correctly.
    Hopes were high at this stage turn power yep, keyboard works, can select all menus, no errors on the screen BUT no flashing green "Power On" button .
    So anyone got an idea on why the power is not getting to the "Power On" Button I would have thought once the errors were cleared and 24Vdc circuits supplied power be there?
    After cleaning connections the final DC Voltages were as per the attachment.

CMOS Battery Failed VMX42 (2005)-power-supply-tests-jpg

(Nearly There) Burgs

Downloads
    Uploads

There are three connecting blocks in the cabinet. Each has a 37 way D plug and a series of little terminals.
    Locate Blk3 and connect a meter on ohms to terminal 29 and 0v. When the power button is pressed, there should be near continuity between the two points (it goes through a relay coil with a diode). If not, you may have a bad E-stop button or the cable to the head E-stop has a break in one of the wires to the normally closed side of the switch(es).

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Bloke
    I will have to check tomorrow when the wife is home so I can get her to push the button, in the meantime I pulled the plug out and had a look all looks clean, gave it a clean anyway, refitted and turned power on, still no change so I thought I would push the E-Stop and see if that did anything, then I could here a clicking sound in the cabinet, had a look and found a red light flashing on and off?

CMOS Battery Failed VMX42 (2005)-20170726_222802-jpg

Only way to get rid of it was to turn it off, could this be a overload, and it it have been going to earth?

Burgs

Downloads
    Uploads

it's going to be the relay for the red alarm light. Release the E-stop, press manual, reset servos and spindle, power then start to see if she clears...

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi
    Right what I found is that it happens when I haven't pressed the Manual button then pressed the E-Stop, when I press the E-Stop when in Manual mode it glows a steady Red.
    So just never seen that before, but with the door open I could hear the clicking?

Burgs

Downloads
    Uploads

did you set the BIOS settings as per the Hurco document?

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi
    Yes I believe so, but will check again in the morning incase I missed something, looking at my notes there was a couple of things different and I am not sure now whether I changed them or not!

Burgs

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Bloke
    do you know which pin is 0V?
    Can not find any decent electrical schematics anywhere in my information.
    Checked all BIOS and parameter settings and reset to data supplied, restarted and back with more tool changer errors so reset with the parameters I noted down when I first checked, and errors disappeared so now back to the no Power On response.
    It's like it is not telling a relay somewhere to fire up?

Burgs

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi All
    Thanks for all the help, machine now up and running ran it through the warm up cycle, carried out some tool changes, now to tidy up and fit covers.
    What I found with the Power On button was pretty simple in the end, the problem was the Tool Changer E-Stop, I ran the diagnostic on the tool changer and it showed the E-Stop on?
    I had checked this a couple of times but this time with a bit more force to pull it and out it came, pushed the Power On button and away we go.
    Might give it a hit with some WD40 and see if it frees up if not I will fit a new E-Stop.
    At least now the floppy drive is working good now and I have down loaded the settings to keep handy.
    Now to clean up and load up a simple motor mount job tomorrow for check and see what it is like under working conditions.
    One thing that does annoy me with these machines is amount of air they consume is there any way of cutting it back, I have a 47 CFM rotary screw air compressor with a big air tank and it is cutting in and out every 5mins or so.
    Is it the little flow restrictor on top of the tool clamp release cylinder?

CMOS Battery Failed VMX42 (2005)-20170727_154539-jpg

Best Regards and many thanks again to all who helped.

Burgs

Last edited by Burgs; 07-27-2017 at 02:09 AM.

Downloads
    Uploads

There is a restrictor valve for the spindle air purge inside the door on the head. You could reduce it very slightly and it would use less air or maybe change the parameter that lets the purge run for half an hour down to 20 minutes.
    PM me an email address and I'll send a schematic for your machine.

Downloads
    Uploads

Hello everybody! I have the same problem with the CMOS battery, I removed the battery to check it, find it dead.
    But when I put again the same battery, I have a problem with the video signal, I don't have video.
    Any ideas to solve the problem?

Downloads
    Uploads

I have the same problem with yours.... remedy so far??

on your board how many led is lighted up?? or are they any not lighted?

Downloads
    Uploads

kolay gelsin ,
    bende m48t86pc1 de sorun ya??yorum yard?mc? olursan?z sevinirim. pil nas?l ba?lan?yor. hangi bacaklar?na. art? hangi aya??na eksi uç hangi aya??na

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123