Need Help! CMOS Battery Failed VMX42 (2005) - Page 5

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: CMOS Battery Failed VMX42 (2005)

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: CMOS Battery Failed VMX42 (2005)

Hi Bloke
    I will have to check tomorrow when the wife is home so I can get her to push the button, in the meantime I pulled the plug out and had a look all looks clean, gave it a clean anyway, refitted and turned power on, still no change so I thought I would push the E-Stop and see if that did anything, then I could here a clicking sound in the cabinet, had a look and found a red light flashing on and off?

CMOS Battery Failed VMX42 (2005)-20170726_222802-jpg

Only way to get rid of it was to turn it off, could this be a overload, and it it have been going to earth?

Burgs

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

it's going to be the relay for the red alarm light. Release the E-stop, press manual, reset servos and spindle, power then start to see if she clears...

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi
    Right what I found is that it happens when I haven't pressed the Manual button then pressed the E-Stop, when I press the E-Stop when in Manual mode it glows a steady Red.
    So just never seen that before, but with the door open I could hear the clicking?

Burgs

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

did you set the BIOS settings as per the Hurco document?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi
    Yes I believe so, but will check again in the morning incase I missed something, looking at my notes there was a couple of things different and I am not sure now whether I changed them or not!

Burgs

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Bloke
    do you know which pin is 0V?
    Can not find any decent electrical schematics anywhere in my information.
    Checked all BIOS and parameter settings and reset to data supplied, restarted and back with more tool changer errors so reset with the parameters I noted down when I first checked, and errors disappeared so now back to the no Power On response.
    It's like it is not telling a relay somewhere to fire up?

Burgs

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi All
    Thanks for all the help, machine now up and running ran it through the warm up cycle, carried out some tool changes, now to tidy up and fit covers.
    What I found with the Power On button was pretty simple in the end, the problem was the Tool Changer E-Stop, I ran the diagnostic on the tool changer and it showed the E-Stop on?
    I had checked this a couple of times but this time with a bit more force to pull it and out it came, pushed the Power On button and away we go.
    Might give it a hit with some WD40 and see if it frees up if not I will fit a new E-Stop.
    At least now the floppy drive is working good now and I have down loaded the settings to keep handy.
    Now to clean up and load up a simple motor mount job tomorrow for check and see what it is like under working conditions.
    One thing that does annoy me with these machines is amount of air they consume is there any way of cutting it back, I have a 47 CFM rotary screw air compressor with a big air tank and it is cutting in and out every 5mins or so.
    Is it the little flow restrictor on top of the tool clamp release cylinder?

CMOS Battery Failed VMX42 (2005)-20170727_154539-jpg

Best Regards and many thanks again to all who helped.

Burgs

Last edited by Burgs; 07-27-2017 at 03:09 AM.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

There is a restrictor valve for the spindle air purge inside the door on the head. You could reduce it very slightly and it would use less air or maybe change the parameter that lets the purge run for half an hour down to 20 minutes.
    PM me an email address and I'll send a schematic for your machine.

Downloads
    Uploads

Hello everybody! I have the same problem with the CMOS battery, I removed the battery to check it, find it dead.
    But when I put again the same battery, I have a problem with the video signal, I don't have video.
    Any ideas to solve the problem?

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345