Need Help! CMOS Battery Failed VMX42 (2005) - Page 3

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: CMOS Battery Failed VMX42 (2005)

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: CMOS Battery Failed VMX42 (2005)

Hi Bloke
    How do you set them in CHS?
    When going through the settings there is no CHS, only Normal, LBA, and Auto, there are other lists though, 1 to #? that I found by paging down.
    I did try as above as you suggest but not sure totally as you have written but do know Cylinders was 3303 heads 16 as it came with the information from Hurco.
    Thanks for chiming in also.
    Best regards
    Burgs

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Set them in Normal if you don't have the CHS option there.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Ok I will give it a go in the morning, bit cold at the moment down to 2C which is very cold for this Aussie, besides that, it is Beer O'clock.
    Regards
    Burgs

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Bloke
    Reset CMOS settings as per advice all except WPcomp missed it, and still the same result.
    Turned machine off and restarted and it hung up at "Verifying DMI Pool Data" Photo1
    Changed CMOS parameters but the computer hung up at "Verifying DMI Pool Data" Photo1.
    There was no WPcomp but there was a Precomp so entered WPcomp figures there?
    Saved and same result.
    Restarted and it locked at DMI again, Hit F1 button and it changed the CMOS setting to default Photo 2, and went through to the main screen again with the ATC error but no main keyboard.
    If I read correctly/understand there were changes with CHS in the distance past and when you select LBA this converts/calculates the CHS settings back to what it should be (WikiLeaks).
    So I can only assume with the 20G HDD was modified/partitioned to suit the Machine?
    Noticed if I restart the machine within a few minutes the CMOS are retained, but overnight they disappear.

CMOS Battery Failed VMX42 (2005)-photo-1-jpg CMOS Battery Failed VMX42 (2005)-photo-2-jpg CMOS Battery Failed VMX42 (2005)-photo-3-jpg

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123